Thread: Problem with Edonkey

Question Problem with Edonkey

Hi to all.

I've been running into problem whenever I get connected using Edonkey. I'm using a SMC 7004BR and I keep getting this message:

ERROR: Your port 4662 is not reachable. You have a LOWID, look http://www.edonkey2000.com/documentation/lowid.html ! Please correct your network config

Network experts please help? I'd appreciate greatly if you can give me step by step instructions...I know nuts about networks!

TIA!

You can add an entry to the Inbound NAT of your router setting to ports 4662,61,65(which ure software seemsto be configured for) to your computers IP address, probably 192.168.x.x

"You will need to set it to allow both incoming and outgoing connections on 4661 & 4662 TCP and port 4665 UDP. " from the edonkey website.

So 3 entries
    IN OUT / TCP for 4661 4662 to your Computers IP
    IN OUT / UDP for 4665 to the same IP

Use "ipconfig" command at command prompt to get your IP address and the default gateway should be your routers IP for the next part

Figure out a way which your brand of router allows u to do the changes. Some models simply require u to enter the IP of your router on your Web browser to change those.
    Last edited by docile; 24th November 2002 at 11:14 PM.

use overnet?
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

anyone feels that edonkey is not as fast as before? used to be 50k constant on my singnet bb but lately it hardly ever gets there, even with popular files.

qhelix
    Guests

Originally posted by yeppie99
    anyone feels that edonkey is not as fast as before? used to be 50k constant on my singnet bb but lately it hardly ever gets there, even with popular files.
    Not sure, but I heard from some friends it could be due to the introduction of Emule. That program leeches off the eDonkey network and gives it's users priority or something like that.

Originally posted by qhelix

Not sure, but I heard from some friends it could be due to the introduction of Emule. That program leeches off the eDonkey network and gives it's users priority or something like that.
    ah ha... time to check out this Emule thing. some things can only be found on edonkey.