24th November 2002, 09:33 PM
Living In The North West’ Photo Competition
‘LIVING IN THE NORTH WEST’ PHOTO COMPETITION’
1st prize - $2,000 cash + trophy
2nd prize - $1,200 cash + trophy
3rd prize - $ 800 cash + trophy
Residents’ choice - $ 600 cash + trophy
10 merit prizes - $ 200 cash each + trophy
Rules and Regulations
1. The competition is open to all Singapore citizens and permanent residents.
2. Each participant may submit up to a maximum of three entries. Each entry is considered eligible only if the submitted photograph meets the competition requirements as stated in the conditions below and submitted with an official entry form and negatives attached. All participants must agree to be bound by the rules and conditions as set out herein or notified from time to time. Failure to comply with any of the preceding rules may result in disqualification of the entry.
3. Entry is free. All photographs entries must be taken in 35mm negative only. Each entry shall be in 8R (8” X 12”) colour print and they must be mounted on black mounting board of a maximum size of 28 X 35cm. Clearly state the following details at the back of the black mounting board:
· Participant’s name
· NRIC /passport number
· Date of birth
· Telephone number
· Email address
· Title of Entry (max. 20 words)
· Location, date and time
4. The underlying theme of the entries must fall within these two categories:
· Scenic spots in the North West CDC district
· Community activities in the North West CDC district
(Nov. – Dec. 2002)
5. Digital format, composition, trick and digitally manipulated photographs will not be accepted.
6. Entries that have won prizes in other competitions will be disqualified. Participants must also own the sole right of the entries. Each person is only entitled to win one prize. Winners will be notified by post.
7. The organiser is not responsible for any entries either lost or damaged. Proof of delivery shall not be accepted as proof of submission.
8. All entries submitted will become the sole property of the organiser who also reserves the right to use them in any manner that is deemed fit, without payment of any fee. All entries will not be returned. All participants must submit their non-returnable negatives to the organiser for publicity purposes.
9. Submission of entry/entries signifies acceptance of the rules and conditions stated above.
10. Judges’ decision is final. No further correspondence will be entertained.
11. Entry dateline is 31 December 2002.
12. Entry forms are available and can be submitted at the following:
· North West Community Development Council main office at
Blk 306A, Woodlands Street 31, #03-05, Singapore 731306
· North West Community Development Council branch office (Ulu Pandan) at 170 Ghim Moh Rd, Ulu Pandan Community Building, #06-01, Singapore 279621
· North West Community Development Council CDC website at http://www.northwest-cdc.org.sg
13. Staff and the immediate families of the organiser and their joint partner are not allowed to take part.
25th November 2002, 03:44 PM
this north west CDC thing ... which areas does it cover?
and.. what's a CDC? edible?
26th November 2002, 01:38 PM
I've read a few times in photo competitions that the negatives you sent are not returnable. Why is that so? What if the negative you send contains some pics you want? And how do we send the negatives? Individually or the way it is cut by the photo lab? Thanks.