Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Help Picking Film Scanner

Hi,

Last month I sent an email to Minolta to enquire on the Dimage Scan Dual III. They replied that they still do not know when it'll be launched in S'pore.

BTW,FYI Cathay Photo is selling the Nikon Coolscan IV (LS-40) at S$1,099 inclusive of 3% GST

1099?????
    when is this dated?
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

Bedpan
    Guests

Just got an email from Minolta myself.. They say there suppose to be in Dec.... Before Dec 25th is ok! After not so good ;-)
    Sent a responce back asking for a date, and price. Will post what I find..

The Coolscan IV is a bit more then I want to spend.. Although it might be the way I have to go... damn...

Mike

Originally posted by Tony K
    Hi,

Last month I sent an email to Minolta to enquire on the Dimage Scan Dual III. They replied that they still do not know when it'll be launched in S'pore.

BTW,FYI Cathay Photo is selling the Nikon Coolscan IV (LS-40) at S$1,099 inclusive of 3% GST

best bet is probably

the canon 2710 err I think
    or the Epson 2450

both capable of very good quality scans, the canon even comes with FARE.

bedpan are you the large sized guy that once flipped through my little india book at TCW ???

and you have a young child......
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

Bedpan
    Guests

Well I thought you knew me for a minute.. I am a Size XL for sure... No kids (that I know of) and I am not sure where TCW is... So I doubt its me.. But heck ya never know

Here is me!
    http://208.231.0.96/bedpan/Pictures!...1/dscn1888.jpg
    (Sorry about the large size)

I will have a look at the Canon and Epson as you suggest..

Thanks!

Mike

Originally posted by rueyloon
    best bet is probably

the canon 2710 err I think
    or the Epson 2450

both capable of very good quality scans, the canon even comes with FARE.

bedpan are you the large sized guy that once flipped through my little india book at TCW ???

and you have a young child......
    Last edited by Bedpan; 26th November 2002 at 11:44 AM.

Bedpan

Also suggest you look up George Leep's site - I recalled he tested the Cannon vs the Nikon and reluctantly went with the Nikon scanner. FYI he is a Cannon adoocate. His techincal man was quoted in an article as saying the Cannon is fine provided you do not have any thing else but the Nikon is better. Epson and other flat bed based scanners are a compromise for 35mm work unless your is medium format than it acceptable. For large format it could be good.

Originally posted by mpenza

Hope you could get the scanner at a good rate Didn't think I see much of Minolt scanners around though so the price could be a bit high due to lack of supply.
    coz u never look around, cathay got all models/brands(be it Nikon, canon or minolta) displayed on their shelves, except the Duel III.

Originally posted by Bedpan
    And thats my concern right now... I don't really want to have to order from overseas... So I am still looking for other options...

Anyone have any other suggestions?

Thanks all!

Mike

you can call up cathay singapore(peninsular branch).

interested in the $199, Nikon 2700DPI film scanner? check out the post on it.... it requires a scsi interface though and would be cumbersome.... but extremely cheap for it's price!!!!
    Check out my wildlife pics at www.instagram.com/conrad_nature

Bedpan
    Guests

Will have a look.. Thanks for letting me know!

Mike

Originally posted by mpenza
    interested in the $199, Nikon 2700DPI film scanner? check out the post on it.... it requires a scsi interface though and would be cumbersome.... but extremely cheap for it's price!!!!

Bedpan
    Guests

I am not much for window shopping as I generally don't find the sales folks all that helpfull.. I just called CP. They have the Duel Scan II in for $700... Apparently a Minolta rep was in today demoing the III model, but could not say when it would be available or the price... What to do what to do

Originally posted by ninelives

coz u never look around, cathay got all models/brands(be it Nikon, canon or minolta) displayed on their shelves, except the Duel III.

you can call up cathay singapore(peninsular branch).

Originally posted by Bedpan
    I am not much for window shopping as I generally don't find the sales folks all that helpfull.. I just called CP. They have the Duel Scan II in for $700... Apparently a Minolta rep was in today demoing the III model, but could not say when it would be available or the price... What to do what to do

u can make a reservation , when the stock come in, ask them(cathay sales rap) to call you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12