Thread: Contrast

Default Contrast

Please feel free to comment

I feel that its cluttered.

What's your subject? The old man cycling? If so, try to exclude the bridge; I would move more to the left (okay that may not be physically possible...but still)

contrast can try the dubliner pub in front of winsland house...
    "I'm... dreaming... of a wide... angle~
    Just like the ones I used to know~"

I want to show the contrast between the old buildings and the new ones. The man cycliing towards the bulidings showed the progress made from the time of old warehouse to the more modern buildings built in the 80s and to where we are now, characterised by the avant garde building on the right and the swissotel the stamford.

i find this pic too 'tight'.........no space.........and i think if u could crop the river part.......it will be much 'free'.........just my own point of view.........

I don't understand? U mean is it better to crop the river out?

ya some thing like tat......cause in ur case now is that the 'heaven' is showing too little while there is much 'earth'.......its not balance in a natural way.......

natural way? My opinion is that there is no natural way.

By cropping out the river, i feel I would have lost a bit of the 'eh, there'sa man down' effect. And won't the picture even 'tighter'?

Originally posted by wormz777
    natural way? My opinion is that there is no natural way.

By cropping out the river, i feel I would have lost a bit of the 'eh, there'sa man down' effect. And won't the picture even 'tighter'?
    i think u dun understand wat i m talking abt.......

I understand that you wanted me to show more of the sky right?
    But that is not the effect which i wanted...

mm........now i dun understand wat u trying bring out from these pic......

Hmm ... my picture still doesn't show immediately the story I wanted it to tell. I will defintely need to improve on this.

I am just starting to get serious into photography, so i might, after a few years down the road, realised how shitty this pic is! :P

Thanks everyone for your time. Hope you will give your opinions to my future shots and help me improve!

Thanks again.

show more of ur pic next time ........this way ,u can improve more and faster too........i do tat when i was a asst.....

In my humble opinion, it would be better to show one old building just next to a modern building to show the contrast. In your picture there are several and the line of demarcation between the new and old is not obvious. So the viewer is at a loss as to what is being portrayed. Only after reading your explanation, did I realise what you are trying to show. The photograph should be framed in such a way that there is no need to explain.
    Your eplaination that the man on the cycle shows progress from old to new. Again this is not obvious because the man is not cycling from the old buildings to the new.

In life there are many paradoxes. Sometimes in cropping the picture your picture achieves greater dimensions. I would agree that this is the case here. Suitable cropping would make your point clearer and thus no need to explain.

maybe u can try taking the pic "horizontally" n not "vertically" like wat u did ................ thiz may make the pic lezz "tighter" ...........

it may alzo make the "rural-to-urban" transition in ur pic more obviouz ....................

thiz is juzt my humble opinion .................