Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast

Thread: Montage 2006

Default Re: Montage 2006

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68
    The problem is not on HWZ side but on my side. HAhaha
    1st, our apologies.
    We try to minimize the file size required to make submission a smooth process, but this is the minimum we can go in order not to compromise the A3 Printout by Canon Printer.

Well, upload early then.
    Anyway, after u uploaded still can make changes... ...
    The submission should open up soon, will update here again.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Yjx
    1st, our apologies.
    We try to minimize the file size required to make submission a smooth process, but this is the minimum we can go in order not to compromise the A3 Printout by Canon Printer.

Well, upload early then.
    Anyway, after u uploaded still can make changes... ...
    The submission should open up soon, will update here again.

Another question, I was told by a friend this competition is only for NUS students only or open for the public as way.

Sorry to trouble you.

There are 2 categories.
    Open and Student.

For open -Singapore citizens, PRs and anyone who is residing in Singapore during the duration of the competition are eligible to participate.
    For student - Students studying in Primary, Secondary and Tertiary institutions (except post-graduate students) are eligible to participate. National servicemen/students awaiting admission into the abovementioned institutions are allowed to participate in the student category.

All taken from www.montage.sg, competition, rules and regulations.
    Last edited by sathea; 5th March 2006 at 11:47 PM.

Hmm, a common misconception that this competition is only for students? The same happened to the forum on NPS. Prob should highlight to all........

Sathea u forgot to mention the Yip Hoi Kee School Challenge - School with most no. of points accumulated gets to win a Canon i9950 printer and Wacom Intuos 3 Tablet.

Quote Originally Posted by nicholas68
    Another question, I was told by a friend this competition is only for NUS students only or open for the public as way.

Sorry to trouble you.
    Thanks to Sathea and Enghong for clearing this up.
    For more info on Competition/Exhibition, you can email competition@montage.sg

Just to add on, Yip Hoi Kee School Challenge
    comes with a classy Challenge Trophy
    and complimentary Eternal Glory!!!(ok maybe just for a yr, till the next montage...)

sales will be done online...or alternatively...nusps should be organizing sessions at spinellis in peninsula hotel for collection..

cheers

How amny pics can one submit? One?

I'm going for it.
    Hope can find some nice stuff in my archives.

Quote Originally Posted by redstone
    How amny pics can one submit? One?
    4 entries each.
    From www.montage.sg, competition, rules and regulations. Submission criteria #5.

"Different view"... Hmm...

I'll give it my best shot.

Quote Originally Posted by Witness
    Do log on to www.montage.sg for more details on the Montage events this year.
    Is the information available online in a format that doesn't require a flash player plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by LittleWolf
    Is the information available online in a format that doesn't require a flash player plugin?
    You meant the info with regards to Rules and Regulation or?

You meant the info with regards to Rules and Regulation or?
    Any information? The start page tries to load a flash animation, and that's it - no alternative text or links leading beyond the frontpage. For various reasons, I don't have a flash player. There's no way I can navigate the site, apart from guessing URLs. A classical example of putting "flashyness" (pun not intended) above content.

Any information? The start page tries to load a flash animation, and that's it - no alternative text or links leading beyond the frontpage. For various reasons, I don't have a flash player. There's no way I can navigate the site, apart from guessing URLs. A classical example of putting "flashyness" (pun not intended) above content.
    Our apologies, but the whole site is constructed in flash, hence no point guessing URL either.
    Currently, we have no definite plan to offer an alternate HTML site.
    Most of the details, i.e. ticket price, date/time is on the 1st post by Witness.
    If you are interested in a set of our publicity material, PM me your mailing add, we'll send it ya.

In the mean time, for more details, can contact the following...

for ticketing,
    ticketing@montage.sg or 81271446

Competition,
    Competition@montage.sg or 92954530

Other info,
    info@montage.sg or 91255254

Apologies again for the flash website.
    Last edited by Yjx; 11th March 2006 at 11:57 PM.

If you are interested in a set of our publicity material, PM me your mailing add, we'll send it ya.
    I can't expect you to spend money for mailing it to people. Can the details be picked up at Yusof Ishak House? I have to go to the post office over lunch anyway ... or I find a computer at work that has flash.

Apologies again for the flash website.
    No need to apologise, it's not that anyone can demand in which way you design it. It's just that a lot of websites lock out people because the designers assume everyone has the same computer configuration as they do (i.e. internet exploder) - and it's frequently not as if there's a good reason for having special requirements.

I recall there were studies about why many companies/organizations had fancy-design webpages that were largely ignored by their customers/target group. The result was just common sense: people don't want to see animations or figure out futuristic user interfaces. They prefer a plain, structured site that makes it easy to find information. All the eyecandy just gets in the way - if people cannot find what they are looking for within a short time, they usually give up and look to competitors.

Good example: While Clubsnap is not necessarily the pinnacle of good web design, I can read the forums even on a text terminal using minimalist browsers like lynx.

Talking Re: Montage 2006

No need to apologise, it's not that anyone can demand in which way you design it. It's just that a lot of websites lock out people because the designers assume everyone has the same computer configuration as they do (i.e. internet exploder) - and it's frequently not as if there's a good reason for having special requirements.
    I agree with your point.

Actually we did test the website across firefox, IE and even on Macs...Guess we still got a bit more to cover.
    Let me talk to our Creative Designer, and see if any HTML will be done.

As for the material, you can find it in NUS at
    DMC(NUSSU Student Service Centre)
    OSA -main office
    OSA -Student Service Centre
    NUSSU Student Lounge, TV Room,
    Student Societies Work Area.

Also can be found at Photographic Society, educational institution,
    and 15 popular photographic outlets islandwide,
    including
    Cathay, Ruby, RiceBall, MS, KT, Grace, GS Studio, etc...

hey guys...we will be doing sales at spinellis on this fri and nxt wednesday...from 7pm-9pm....

there should be a special price for ppl who leave their names down here..... will post the prices later in the day once i get the confirmation fromthe society... so who's in?

1)

i tried registering to upload the photos, but till now I still dont get the acknowledgement mail that I've to reply to leh. why ah?
    Find me at Claudia.sg and I work at 24seven

Quote Originally Posted by illustrious
    i tried registering to upload the photos, but till now I still dont get the acknowledgement mail that I've to reply to leh. why ah?
    Acknowledgement email will be sent to you via PHOTOVIDEOi/Hardwarezone.
    It may have landed in your bulk/junk mail folder... ...as in some of our testing...

Do check in again to see if you have recieved it.

If not, try to register for it again, and if you fail to get the email in a few days, do let us know and we will inform HWZ about it.

Sorry for any inconvenience.
    Last edited by Yjx; 16th March 2006 at 02:01 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12347 ... LastLast