Thread: landscape...

Default landscape...

Hi everybody...
    Got 2 question:
    1. Any idea how to get a sharp landscape pics using FZ20? (with manual focus)
    I was using my previous Canon A520 and it's quite easy to set the focus to infinity... because... there is an pointers/meters to show that... but in FZ we didn't find it...
    I guess both works with the same principle as none of them are really using 'mechanical' manual focus... the FZ20 only 'ring operated' manual focus...
    2. How about the same question but in the night/low light situation?

Senior Lumixers... kinda clueless in solving this problem. Anybody can enlighten me? (of course beside setting it to 'Landscape Mode & Night Landscape Mode' )
    Thank you in advance!

Default Re: landscape...

you can always try landscape mode

but if you want the landscape to appear sharp, i think setting to a higher f/no., eg. f/8 would increase the dof. but by doing so you have to increase the shutter speed abit. say 1/4 or 1 sec.

a tripod would be helpfull too. since you can take panorama's that way

-oops, didnt realise you meantioned 'manual focus' -
    Last edited by metallilan; 22nd February 2006 at 11:11 PM.

I would use the MF mode, use the quick AF switch at side to quick focus on distant object and leave it. Infinity need not mean the furthest object. As long its near the horizon its ok.

If use the ring, I would rotate it, and the magnifying sq would appear. Turn to and fro until you assess its the sharpest, and leave it as such.

For night, same, quick AF on distant light....usually that should be ok. BUT if no reference in distance scene...than I also dunno how liow as all pitch black...

metallilan, u sleep quite late huh...
    Thanks for the reply
    TCY, been doin that thingy you've mentioned above... but I feel a bit less satisfied with the sharpness of the pics... comparing to my previous A520... or it's just Canon Digic is too much for Venus II? Btw, let's frame this problem only in the landscape pics (how to read infinity focus) topic.... for the other kind... as long as I still can figure the reference focus I got no problem...