Thread: X-rite Advanced Color Ensembles (DTP-70)

Default X-rite Advanced Color Ensembles (DTP-70)

Just bought this spectrophotometer to do printer profiling, but have some problem using it.

Have read up all the help files on the CD, but still no idea how to use it...anyone can help?

I have installed the software/driver and created the target (not sure what colour space and number of patches to use)

After which, I scanned the target with the spectrophotometer and tried to save the data, but only txt, csv... available

how can i make it into icc/icm?

thanks in advance
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

Default Re: X-rite Advanced Color Ensembles (DTP-70)

Should be RGB 729 patches i think.
    Normally you'll have to disable printer driver's color mgt before printing out the patches.

What's the name of the software that come with your DTP-70? ColorPort?

Gamut Labs should be able to help since they are dealers for X-Rite stuff, i think.
    Last edited by YogiBear; 22nd February 2006 at 10:29 PM.
    search me on Google "simonKLgoh"

Default Re: X-rite Advanced Color Ensembles (DTP-70)

Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    Just bought this spectrophotometer to do printer profiling, but have some problem using it.

Have read up all the help files on the CD, but still no idea how to use it...anyone can help?

I have installed the software/driver and created the target (not sure what colour space and number of patches to use)

After which, I scanned the target with the spectrophotometer and tried to save the data, but only txt, csv... available

how can i make it into icc/icm?

thanks in advance
    Hi Wai,

Where did you buy the DTP-70 from? Is it used? Gamut Labs is the authorised solutions provider for Photo Range products and DTP70 falls under PrePress/Graphics market which we are not supposed to touch.

I have only used it once so far but what I can do is pop by your place maybe tomorrow or something and see if i can solve the problem. (No Charge of course, you can buy me coffee though)

Drop me a mail color@gamutlabs.com with your address and a convenient time. (office hours)

Cheers,
    nic