Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

  1. #1

    Default Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    Hi,

    I have just started to shoot in raw format on my Nikon camera. However, when I downloaded into my comp, they cant recognise the file format (nef) in either CS nor Adobe bridge.

    Could someone please help?

    I have tried to change the preference in Bridge - nef to CS but to no avail....

  2. #2

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    use nikon viewer , nikon capture

  3. #3

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    did u install adobe camera raw? can download from here
    Great photography is about depth of feeling, not depth of field.
    Portfolio | Gallery

  4. #4

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    Thanks guys for the info. Will try it out!!

  5. #5
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    I can view NEFs from the Bridge, update your ACRs.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    u need to downloa dthe RAW plugin that supports your camera, look on the adobe website and find the one that supports ur camera, download and place in plugins folder

  7. #7
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    I can view NEFs from the Bridge, update your ACRs.

    yo bro, what is ACRs???.............

    Wait wait.......... it's Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) tio boh???

    But update liao, cannot leh???
    Last edited by SEXiao; 2nd March 2006 at 06:54 PM.

  8. #8
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    Hi bro, I downloaded almost all the version, still cannot leh.... btw, I am using D70s and CS.... any bor can help.... once I take out the Nikon NEF plugin, cannot open the file liao...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    You need CS2. The latest Camera RAW for Photoshop CS (ver 2.4) supports only these cams : EOS20D, EOS 1Ds Mk II, Powershot S70, Powershot G6, KM 7D and DImage A200.

    You need Camera RAW 3.1 for your D70s but that only works on Photoshop CS2.

    (There is one version that may work. Camera RAW 2.2, but that's for D70. Don't know can work or not. Can't blame them... in 2004 D70s was not out yet.)
    Last edited by philliptan; 10th March 2006 at 10:15 AM.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

  10. #10
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by SEXiao
    yo bro, what is ACRs???.............

    Wait wait.......... it's Adobe Camera Raw (ACR) tio boh???

    But update liao, cannot leh???
    Adobe Camera RAW.

  11. #11

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    You need CS2. The latest Camera RAW for Photoshop CS (ver 2.4) supports only these cams : EOS20D, EOS 1Ds Mk II, Powershot S70, Powershot G6, KM 7D and DImage A200.

    You need Camera RAW 3.1 for your D70s but that only works on Photoshop CS2.

    (There is one version that may work. Camera RAW 2.2, but that's for D70. Don't know can work or not. Can't blame them... in 2004 D70s was not out yet.)
    Not really. ALL camera RAW for CS does not work for D70s. (though works for D70 NEF)

    So, if "digital" has CS2, non issue, just update to camera RAW 3.3.
    If he is using CS, no luck.

    However, there is a workaround:

    Download "Adobe DNG Converter & Camera Raw 3.3 update" under the version CS2. unzip it and install only the DNG Converter program. Use it to batch convert the NEF files to DNG. Then open the converted images using Photoshop CS. Done! (A bit troublesome but it works.)

    Give it a go.

    cocoa
    Last edited by cocoa; 10th March 2006 at 01:51 PM.

  12. #12
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    You need CS2. The latest Camera RAW for Photoshop CS (ver 2.4) supports only these cams : EOS20D, EOS 1Ds Mk II, Powershot S70, Powershot G6, KM 7D and DImage A200.

    You need Camera RAW 3.1 for your D70s but that only works on Photoshop CS2.

    (There is one version that may work. Camera RAW 2.2, but that's for D70. Don't know can work or not. Can't blame them... in 2004 D70s was not out yet.)

    Hi thanks, no wonder lar... how I install also cannot work... need CS2...

  13. #13
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: Nikon Raw (NEF) In PS/Adobe Bridge

    Quote Originally Posted by cocoa
    Not really. ALL camera RAW for CS does not work for D70s. (though works for D70 NEF)

    So, if "digital" has CS2, non issue, just update to camera RAW 3.3.
    If he is using CS, no luck.

    However, there is a workaround:

    Download "Adobe DNG Converter & Camera Raw 3.3 update" under the version CS2. unzip it and install only the DNG Converter program. Use it to batch convert the NEF files to DNG. Then open the converted images using Photoshop CS. Done! (A bit troublesome but it works.)

    Give it a go.

    cocoa
    Okie thanks, will go try it out... seem a little conplicated though.... thanks...

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •