Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

  1. #1

    Default Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera


  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne
    Posts
    494

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Well, a friend borrowed a video cam from me for his father birthday back in 1986. Those days, it was expensive.

    The feedback was "Your camera not good. Quality lousy!"

    I din charge him one single cent.

    Unexpectedly the following year, he called again. Asking if he can borrow the same video camera.

    I told him. Coz he said the video camera no good, I sold it.

    Imagine you can get this kind of treatment from friends. Don't expect so much from a complete stranger lor.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Clementi, Singapore
    Posts
    2,836

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    stupid family, thats pathetic parenting, JOKE! If it was my lovely camera id walk up to the kid and take it back and walk off!!!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    quite idiotic parents... duhz... reminds me of the time i lost my wallet. e bugger returned everything except my ezlink cards, cashcards & money... am i at fault? I wld hv returned the whole wallet with nothing extracted!!!

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    If the child like it, then pay for it lor ...
    Talk about teaching the child right things?
    除了爱, 我一无所有

  6. #6

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Quote Originally Posted by canoni5
    quite idiotic parents... duhz... reminds me of the time i lost my wallet. e bugger returned everything except my ezlink cards, cashcards & money... am i at fault? I wld hv returned the whole wallet with nothing extracted!!!
    ?? the person returned the wallet personally to you ??

    even if he wants reward doesn't mean he can take your stuff at will. report the fella for theft? where to draw the line?

  7. #7

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Quote Originally Posted by igpenguin
    ?? the person returned the wallet personally to you ??

    even if he wants reward doesn't mean he can take your stuff at will. report the fella for theft? where to draw the line?
    of cos he's no idiot to return me personally. he brought it to the police divisional hq some more, not police post wor... & quite a far distance frm whr i lost it

  8. #8

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    hmmm.. i'm sure police gets a fair bit of lost and found items...

  9. #9

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    dun bother liao la... it's over alrdy... i wun noe who he is anyway

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    i found & returned items (not jus wallets) at my prev job, oso still kenna aim by my superior. kenna tekka b-cos of other ppl create trouble, den i hav 2 quit d job...

  11. #11

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    such things bo bian one la...

    ppl do bad, we suffer lor. it comes in a circle, will rch them 1 fine day...

  12. #12

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    ya and you can't be sure its the guy who returned it who stole the money. he might have found the wallet after someone else cleaned it.

    at least impt stuff is back. its very sian to replace IC leh.. i rather the thieft return my ic without money.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Quote Originally Posted by Benign
    Well, a friend borrowed a video cam from me for his father birthday back in 1986. Those days, it was expensive.

    The feedback was "Your camera not good. Quality lousy!"

    I din charge him one single cent.

    Unexpectedly the following year, he called again. Asking if he can borrow the same video camera.

    I told him. Coz he said the video camera no good, I sold it.

    Imagine you can get this kind of treatment from friends. Don't expect so much from a complete stranger lor.
    There are ppl of these kind around. The best method is to make them talk and check out their personality before u lend anything to them (relatives, friends or even colleagues). If their personality are as mentioned, there's no point in lending anything to them.

    Kena dis kind of incident last year made me open my eyes to these crap.

    Before the shoot, "Oh no lah... I need someone of ur expertise. My camera not so good. blah-blah-blah."
    After the shoot (unpaid somemore), start telling others behind my back "I showed his photos to a friend... he professional leh. Said his photos look very normal."
    And on a seperate email, "Dun take it to heart, I appreciate ur effort...."

    Very dulan but dun wanna pass any personal judgements on that chap, so ppl asked me abt it, I juz related the account word-for-word. Let them see who's right who's wrong. I juz relate exactly what happened nia.

    P/S: The fella comes to CS as well, but is a lurker and only ask questions when needed help. His postcount less den 60. I wun say nicks or say names. But if he's looking at this, lets hope this guy had this 1 bit of conscience left and at least apologise for his remarks (regardless how long ago the remarks was made) to me in person instead of hoping the problem would simply disappear by its own.

    Its not a matter of money, but a matter of principle & personal integrity.
    Last edited by jsbn; 19th February 2006 at 06:53 PM.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  14. #14

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Quote Originally Posted by slaam

    Regretfully, given the finder keeper's law/defense, I know of instances in Singapore where DSLR systems ($10k ++) had been "found" by certain persons who later decided that they were not gonig to return it.


    Sad eh... but oh well... keep your equipment properly, I guess

  15. #15

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Quote Originally Posted by slaam
    Wow... I'm quite shock to read something like that.

    And the best part is, it exists at a super-power country like USA (ok it's actually Hawaii but they are still part of the States).

  16. #16

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Quote Originally Posted by mich_2103
    Wow... I'm quite shock to read something like that.

    And the best part is, it exists at a super-power country like USA (ok it's actually Hawaii but they are still part of the States).
    And your point is?

    We are talking about theft, bad parents, and you are talking about the US. Where is the linkage.
    deadpoet
    my portfolio

  17. #17
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    How come don't want to say the name? If it is true, then there should be no problem - noticed a trend here for complaints but no identification.

    Besides, the person may not know you are talking about him and may not therefore have a chance to tell his side of the story - and you will think he's being dao and therefore further misunderstandings occur.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsbn
    P/S: The fella comes to CS as well, but is a lurker and only ask questions when needed help. His postcount less den 60. I wun say nicks or say names. But if he's looking at this, lets hope this guy had this 1 bit of conscience left and at least apologise for his remarks (regardless how long ago the remarks was made) to me in person instead of hoping the problem would simply disappear by its own.

    Its not a matter of money, but a matter of principle & personal integrity.

  18. #18
    vince123123
    Guests

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Looks like dai-chi power also exists in the police force of other countries.

    "You're lucky we sent you anything at all. Most people wouldn't do that." We go back and forth a bit more. She eventually hangs up on me. I call the police department in her town (in Canada) but they tell me that it's a U.S. issue, since that's where the property was lost.

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Beach Road
    Posts
    3,752

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    Very blatant behaviour... self justifying mobs!

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    hErE lAh
    Posts
    66

    Default Re: Bad Samaritan family won't return found expensive camera

    i guess this can happen to anyone. imagine someone borrow your 055 tripod or your 2gb CF card and dun return. this type of people are just crap. whether it is a $30 monopod or a $10K camera that person should be shot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •