Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shld women do national service?

Default Re: Re: Re: Shld women do national service?

Originally posted by Ian

For those who don't know, the term 'comfort women' was an euphamism coined by the Japanese Army during the period 1932 to 1945 to santise the practice of the military of the enforced slavery of some 200,000 women as sex slaves. Many of these women were gang raped on a daily basis and almost all suffered serious psychological problems as are result of their ordeals. Some 80-100,000 of these women were Korean.

I'll leave it to you the reader of this thread to make up your own mind regarding MrBig's 'humor' if it can be called that.
    thank you teacher for the free history lesson

Dear Mr. Big I hope you gentlemen enough to delete your post and ask apology.
    This is not a funny jokes........I believe your mum is a female, your sisters are females, your girlfriend is female.......what happen if your jokes happen to one of those female I mention above?
    I believe in gender equality and I respect my opossite sex, your joke is so degrading to female.
    Just my two cents.....
    W204FL

My personal view is as followed:

Women are not meant to go for war(dun flame me) , why? It's not because they are weak or wat-ever, but the fact that if a country is to send 10000 female cheonging towards a hostile country, imagine what happened to them if they were to be captured as POW.

Comfort women, YES, they will become one, BUT NOT BY JOINING THE ARMY... but if they are captured. For guys, it's different, even if captured, the most we get tortured/killed..

I agree women should join NS, but on a different front, as medic/nurses/intelligence but not frontline. And of course.. you will rather die than let your wife/gf die isn't it? hehehee..
    (p.s: those who have mistress probably disagree with my last sentence)

Just my personal opinion.
    Canon Lover :)

I agree with Klause...

Plus,

If women joined NS, they would probably get married later and most singapore women already have their biological clock ticking away already even without NS.

Just my personal opinion...

Default Re: Re: Shld women do national service?

Originally posted by MrBig

yeah as comfort women....hehehe

juz shut the f up if ya have nothing good to say..
    since when bashing of the opp. sex is present @ clubsnap"

Originally posted by Gunjack
    I agree with Klause...

Plus,

If women joined NS, they would probably get married later and most singapore women already have their biological clock ticking away already even without NS.

Just my personal opinion...
    Woah, really...
    MrBig, I think you should just delete your post with regards to that... or it'll invite more flames.

IMO, I think that term is kinda rude > it shows your perception of women being borne to become sex objects for Men's sole pleasure....

Anyway, with regards to the comment above (just my 2 cents):

Yes, they may get married earlier, but do you think NS is a main factor to prevent women from getting married?

IMO, there are lots of other more significant factors (committments @ work, blah blah) that hinder women from marrying/dating... And especially with all that globalisation stuff, women are starting "to remove themselves off the shelves" instead of being "available".

The same goes to men as well.
    Well, for marriage to occur, you must have a man and woman to unite as one right?
    So I think it's more of a 2 way thing rather than solely on the women...
    Last edited by SNAG; 22nd November 2002 at 11:28 PM.

Yups, I agree that there are other more significant factors that hinder women from marrying/dating, but it is hard for me to believe that if they spent 2 years in NS, it will not affect them at all. It will be 2 years later then that they will face whatever factors that hinders(mostly work commitments? if so then it will delay them by the time served in NS, eg 2 yrs).

laughingman
    Guests

hahahaha.....let view it this way.....if woman do NS they might find their future husband during service or even....ICT!

haha .... yah ... gals might find their future husband in NS .....

Once u see it from another point of view ... it's so much different ...

Gentlemen, Ladies;

It's in my personal opinion that this exchanging of words between some parties has caused this thread to go out of hand.

As far as i am concerned... some comments were un-called for if you think you can disguise your crude vulgar branding of women as sexual objects as "humour", then i suggest you re-consider what you deem funny.

Yes, different people see things differently. But have some respect and common decency for the opposite gender.

Taking this discussion along this line will not serve any purpose.

MrBig, kindly govern your tongue and stop behaving like an immature and petulent child. Take this personally if you want but go reflect upon your behavior and see how it reflects upon you as a person.

The thread is hence forth closed.
    --
    "High Wired, Dream Sired"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12