Thread: Is colour saturation and hue affected by different combinations of Av & Ts

Default Is colour saturation and hue affected by different combinations of Av & Ts

Keeping the same exposure, is the color saturation and hue affected by different combinations of apertures and shutter speeds.

Sorry, I may be asking a silly question. Let me know if I am.

Thanks in advance.
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

Default Re: Is colour saturation and hue affected by different combinations of Av & Ts

There shouldn't be any differences if the exposure remains the same. However, stopping down a lens will improve sharpness (and perhaps color rendition) in some cases.

OT a bit...if you intentionally dial in -ve exposure compensation on some shots in the order of -0.3 or -0.7 Ev, it may also give the impression of increased colour saturation.

Default Re: Is colour saturation and hue affected by different combinations of Av & Ts

Quote Originally Posted by fWord
    There shouldn't be any differences if the exposure remains the same. However, stopping down a lens will improve sharpness (and perhaps color rendition) in some cases.

OT a bit...if you intentionally dial in -ve exposure compensation on some shots in the order of -0.3 or -0.7 Ev, it may also give the impression of increased colour saturation.
    That's interesting. I shall try it.

Thanks
    My Webspace
    ##See and listen with your heart, for beauty will reveal thyself##

It actually depends on the characteristics or as some writers put it, the "fingerprint" of each individual lens. Invariably when you open up a lens, the contrast will drop and so does the perception of colour saturation. The hue should not really change. How obvious the difference is will also depend on the sensitivity and resolution of the capture medium, be it a film emulsion or sensor.