Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 21

Thread: New Learner comes in...

  1. #1

    Default New Learner comes in...

    Halo all......
    Nice to see such a big photography group here. Hope to be able to learns from u all...

  2. #2
    Senior Member Pablo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Blue/Green Planet
    Posts
    1,854

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Hi cyanide,

    Welcome.

    There are many to learn from and many of us that are willing to learn.

    Enjoy
    Time, is an effortless construction :)

  3. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Toa Payoh
    Posts
    95

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by Pablo
    Hi cyanide,

    Welcome.

    There are many to learn from and many of us that are willing to learn.

    Enjoy
    I hope to learn from the experts here too!

    Good day everyone

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Do Do land
    Posts
    193

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Welcome to CS.

    Same for me too, new in DSLR photography and now at the start of my learning curve.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by cyanide
    Halo all......
    Nice to see such a big photography group here. Hope to be able to learns from u all...
    Welcome! Do enjoy yr stay!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    1.45N 103.83E
    Posts
    3,202

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Welcome. I'm a full time learner here... Expert here are very helpful and gives good pointers. I have learnt a lot here.


    Thanks to all the Gurus here.

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Johor Bahru, Malaysia
    Posts
    830

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    hihi... learn together at CS lar...

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by joey91
    hihi... learn together at CS lar...
    Yupz, we're all here to learn from each other.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  9. #9

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Hi all,
    so where u guys normally go take pics har?

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by cyanide
    Hi all,
    so where u guys normally go take pics har?
    I usually go botanic garden, sungei buloh and city area to take pics. If got events then will take also.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  11. #11

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Hi everyone, I intend to buy a handy digicam. Any suggestions?

    Tks in adv,
    Jacq

  12. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacq
    Hi everyone, I intend to buy a handy digicam. Any suggestions?

    Tks in adv,
    Jacq
    What's your budget and main shooting purpose?
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    hi there, & welcome 2 CS!

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacq
    Hi everyone, I intend to buy a handy digicam. Any suggestions?

    Tks in adv,
    Jacq
    any more details (ideally) like

    . optical zoom range
    . size
    . batt type
    . any bonus feature (IS)
    . must look stylo?
    . ease of use vs feature packed
    . wad memory card preferance
    . does ur budget incl. stuff like: tripods, bags, etc...


  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by DeSwitch
    Welcome. I'm a full time learner here... Expert here are very helpful and gives good pointers. I have learnt a lot here.


    Thanks to all the Gurus here.
    most times i dun even kno wad 2 ask, but always got others who do d asking 4 me!!

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Tanah Merah
    Posts
    246

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    most times i dun even kno wad 2 ask, but always got others who do d asking 4 me!!
    Its a link effect, always qns pop in/extended from the original! tats hw everyone learn/share here

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    It all depends on what the user needs.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  18. #18

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    What's your budget and main shooting purpose?
    Quote Originally Posted by sORe-EyEz
    any more details (ideally) like

    . optical zoom range
    . size
    . batt type
    . any bonus feature (IS)
    . must look stylo?
    . ease of use vs feature packed
    . wad memory card preferance
    . does ur budget incl. stuff like: tripods, bags, etc...
    tks ppl, I'm SUPER NEW to digital cam, can't answer most questions. H/W.....
    - Purpose: leisure (mainly scenery)
    - budget: abt $450 (preferably with mini tripod).
    - Size: like Canon Powershot
    - wat is IS?
    - ease of use vs feature packed: preferably both (asking 2 much rite.......... )
    - memory card: think the more common one is SD rite?
    - optical zoom range: wat's tat?
    - batt type: common AAA
    - pixel: abt 5 is good enf for me for now.

    PS: Canon Powershot A610 and Nikon (can't remb wat model) Actually someone recommended Nikon D100 or T100. WOW!!! where got so pro.....

    Hope my answers help you to help me know wat to buy....

    Tks a mil in adv,
    Jacq

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Pasir Ris, Singapore
    Posts
    14,002

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacq
    tks ppl, I'm SUPER NEW to digital cam, can't answer most questions. H/W.....
    - Purpose: leisure (mainly scenery)
    - budget: abt $450 (preferably with mini tripod).
    - Size: like Canon Powershot
    - wat is IS?
    - ease of use vs feature packed: preferably both (asking 2 much rite.......... )
    - memory card: think the more common one is SD rite?
    - optical zoom range: wat's tat?
    - batt type: common AAA
    - pixel: abt 5 is good enf for me for now.

    PS: Canon Powershot A610 and Nikon (can't remb wat model) Actually someone recommended Nikon D100 or T100. WOW!!! where got so pro.....

    Hope my answers help you to help me know wat to buy....

    Tks a mil in adv,
    Jacq
    Your budget maybe can get the powershot 5 series.

    IS is Image Stabilisation which can eliminate minor handshakes while taking pics.
    Optical zoom is the amount of zoom it has. Usual for compacts are 3X zoom which means can zoom in up to 3 times it's standard focus distant. The more zoom it has, of cos you can bring further objects closer.

    Don't buy any DSLRs or SLRs as u're totally new to it and may not be able to handle too. What's more, your budget can never fetch u a DSLR.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: New Learner comes in...

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacq
    tks ppl, I'm SUPER NEW to digital cam, can't answer most questions. H/W.....
    - Purpose: leisure (mainly scenery)
    - budget: abt $450 (preferably with mini tripod).
    - Size: like Canon Powershot
    - wat is IS?
    - ease of use vs feature packed: preferably both (asking 2 much rite.......... )
    - memory card: think the more common one is SD rite?
    - optical zoom range: wat's tat?
    - batt type: common AAA
    - pixel: abt 5 is good enf for me for now.

    PS: Canon Powershot A610 and Nikon (can't remb wat model) Actually someone recommended Nikon D100 or T100. WOW!!! where got so pro.....

    Hope my answers help you to help me know wat to buy....

    Tks a mil in adv,
    Jacq
    oic, ur budget v tight (as tight as d crop of my avatar! ). i think u mistaken le, common batt size is AA not AAA, 5MP? u v greedy! =P

    i recommend u look at http://www.dpreview.com/ & drool at d specs 1st, muahahaa...

    Panasonic is my cam of choice.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •