Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IntelliActions ver 2.2 - Automated Non Destructive Photoshop Actions

Default IntelliActions ver 2.2 - Automated Non Destructive Photoshop Actions

Just updated IntelliActions to ver 2.3

This update adds Intelli-BurnDodge, Intelli-Browning & Intelli-Softening
    This can be downloaded from http://willyfoo.com/tidbits/intellia...ctions_v23.zip

Extract the *.atn file and then use Photoshop action palette to Load the atn file.

You can try Auto-Process which will run through all the IntelliActions and put them into layers..
    If a dialog box pops out and you don't know what it is supposed to do, pressing ok will accept the defaults and you can see the effects first..

You can then show and hide various layers to see how it affects the image and change the opacity to suit your liking
    Double Click on the layers to modify it's properties..
    Last edited by willyfoo; 19th April 2006 at 09:21 AM.

Default Special Instructions for IntelliSharpen

IntelliSharpen applies sharpening only to the edges and not the areas you do not want to sharpen. By using layer mask, you can furthur refine which areas to sharpen and which not to.

Shift the white marker until most of the noise in the skin area is gone
    Then shift the black marker until the edges are well defined but not jagged.

Next stage is the standard Unsharp Mask / Smart Sharpen (CS2)

Last edited by willyfoo; 16th February 2006 at 02:26 PM.

Deregistered

Default Re: Special Instructions for IntelliSharpen

Master... got a set of actions optimised for D2X files?

wow, you're the man willy!

always customizing these actions for us to use and try.

Default Re: IntelliActions ver 2.2 - Automated Non Destructive Photoshop Actions

Thanks for sharing!!!

Default Re: IntelliActions ver 2.2 - Automated Non Destructive Photoshop Actions

wow you did all of these yourself? impressive! got myself a copy

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Master... got a set of actions optimised for D2X files?
    I just modify the smart sharpen radius to a default of 1.4 instead of 1.0 (for 6MP) ..
    But of course, depending on the detail ...

More details.. ie.. group shot.. smaller radius
    Less details.. ie.. head shot.. bigger radius

yes... wrote these by myself.. but of course taking a lot of references from the normal destructive methods and applying them into non-destructive layers via actions.

thanks so much for sharing! i'm gonna try them out!

wow..this is great!
    thanks for your effort!
    gonna give it a try..

Currently the default 'AutoProcess' has intelli-browning turned on.. which is not really suitable for general shots.. make sure you turn it on and off and vary layer opacity to see how you like it..

why do i get a prompt/warning that says "The command 'smart sharpen' is not currently available" ? everytime i ran the intelli sharpen action

thanks willy foo
    Last edited by thobs; 1st March 2006 at 07:14 PM.

willyfoo = genius!

your website is superb btw

Quote Originally Posted by thobs
    why do i get a prompt/warning that says "The command 'smart sharpen' is not currently available" ? everytime i ran the intelli sharpen action

thanks willy foo
    That's cos Smart Sharpen is only available in CS2... for CS, you have to switch 'Smart Sharpen' off and enable 'Unsharp Mask' instead.

Hopefully this gif animation can help you..

Just updated http://willyfoo.com/tidbits/intellia...tions_v221.zip

Switched intelli-browning off by default since it doesn't work on general shots... only if you want to create a special look...

Removed some prompting so most actions should run smoothly without stopping to give instructions.. if you need more help then look for the 'Stop' actions and enable them for extra help.

Also added in 3 new scripts...

ia_Insert Filename.jsx
    ia_Force Landscape.jsx
    ia_PSP.jsx

These should be placed in C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CS2\Presets\Scripts
    Restart photoshop and access these scripts from File>Scripts

ia_Insert Filename will just insert the filename into your picture... you can then use actions to transform the layer to place them where you want in the frame..

ia_Force Landscape will detect if the picture is landscape and rotate it 90 deg anti-clockwise.. I use this for printing (ie.. don't want to change paper orientation) and for rotating photos for PDA/PSP... (look at ia_PSP)

ie_PSP will automatically size photos down to a PSP size (480*272) and put exif info on the blank space on the right.. great when you batch through a whole folder with this and transfer to your PSP... (By the way, the PSP has the best display screen I've ever seen).
    I'll update this later to accomodate other PDAs etc.

Ok.. got to board the plane now... have fun with these!
    Last edited by willyfoo; 2nd March 2006 at 07:26 PM.

You are the BEST!
    Jerfotography Nikon D300
    Power by iMac MBP iPhone 6+ iPad Air

i cant seem to access the link though...looks like its broken or something.

Hey Willy, great stuff man. Thanks for sharing with us.

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    i cant seem to access the link though...looks like its broken or something.
    Oops.. can't just copy & paste the url... cos the "..." gets in the way..
    Fixed it already..
    http://willyfoo.com/tidbits/intellia...tions_v221.zip

Thanks Willy! for the great stuff!

I'm using CS2 and have encountered the "Curves currently not available" when trying out the one of the actions, i think its 'shapen' action or the 'save as' action. Do you have any advise?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast