Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police hunt gunman after businessman shot dead in Serangoon

Default Re: Police hunt gunman after businessman shot dead in Serangoon

Quote Originally Posted by reachme2003
    i did not know that our police(special ops) wears red beret.
    SOC officers always wore red berets I thought?
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by trlnlty
    If he had murdered someone else, he deserved a fair trial, not a execution.
    sometimes the law prevents justice from being served.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladin
    Correction: It is man murdered wife in Holland...maybe he just saw the movie "SAW II" ...a saw was suspected to be the murder weapon.
    Ahhh...
    Me too immune to these types until I din bother to read the article..

1 down 2 to go

Quote Originally Posted by michhy
    sometimes the law prevents justice from being served.
    Take it into ur own hands den, Terminator.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Saw on TV.
    A long time after the gunman left the scene of crime, the SOC red berets finally arrived, and were strolling through the estate fully armed with machine guns.

The gunman was supposed to wait in the estate for a few hours for the SOC to turn up.
    Hilarious.

Now I know why someone made the film "I not stupid" for Singaporeans.

Most likely gunman is out of the country shortly after. And untraceable.

Smile Re: Police hunt gunman after businessman shot dead in Serangoon

yes, they left the country according to the press today. although one accomplice was arrested and thoroughly interrogated. btw, the identities of the gunman and his accomplice are established. they are reportedly secret society members. gun was found on the bank of a canal.

i thought it is sop for soc to appear at the crime scene when firearm is involved.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 18th February 2006 at 09:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ricohflex
    Saw on TV.
    A long time after the gunman left the scene of crime, the SOC red berets finally arrived, and were strolling through the estate fully armed with machine guns.

The gunman was supposed to wait in the estate for a few hours for the SOC to turn up.
    Hilarious.

Now I know why someone made the film "I not stupid" for Singaporeans.

Most likely gunman is out of the country shortly after. And untraceable.
    They can't assume that the gunman is out of the country or have left the estate until it has been verified with the customs. So, I don't think it was stupid or even redundant for them to make sure that the estate is safe by patrolling around for another few hours after the murder.

How can they be sure then that the gunman is not a serial-psychopathic kind of murderer who is out to get another random victim in the same estate? Isn't it logical for the police to err on the side of caution? Remember Columbine?

What if the murderer is too afraid after the murder, and is hiding somewhere in the nearby in a state of shock?

How would you feel if you're living in that particular estate and the police just packed up and leave without searching and patrolling the area thoroughly? Hey, from what I see, this isn't stupidity on the part of the police. They're protecting the people living in this country, and that includes you, me and our family.

You see, the problem with many Singaporeans is that we like to complain too much. When the special forces arrives, we say, "Wah lau eh! Now then come, killer run away liao lah! So stupid. Waste tax-payers' money to travel down."
    On the other hand, when special forces are not sent out at all, someone will say, "Wah lau eh! Got gunman still don't want to send special forces. Train them for what?! Parade for National Day only ah! Waste tax-payers' money!"

It is to the police credit that you and I can stay out late at night with the thought that a crime might be committed against us being the last thing on our mind. In fact, we have one of the most efficient police force in the world!

Instead of putting them down, let's salute our boys in blue. And I'll still say it's never stupid to be cautious.

Smile Re: Police hunt gunman after businessman shot dead in Serangoon

well said. for me, i would not even bother to reply to 'complaining' post like the one you replied to. as the saying goes, engaged their fingers before engaging their brain.

Quote Originally Posted by retrospect
    They can't assume that the gunman is out of the country or have left the estate until it has been verified with the customs. So, I don't think it was stupid or even redundant for them to make sure that the estate is safe by patrolling around for another few hours after the murder.

How can they be sure then that the gunman is not a serial-psychopathic kind of murderer who is out to get another random victim in the same estate? Isn't it logical for the police to err on the side of caution? Remember Columbine?

What if the murderer is too afraid after the murder, and is hiding somewhere in the nearby in a state of shock?

How would you feel if you're living in that particular estate and the police just packed up and leave without searching and patrolling the area thoroughly? Hey, from what I see, this isn't stupidity on the part of the police. They're protecting the people living in this country, and that includes you, me and our family.

You see, the problem with many Singaporeans is that we like to complain too much. When the special forces arrives, we say, "Wah lau eh! Now then come, killer run away liao lah! So stupid. Waste tax-payers' money to travel down."
    On the other hand, when special forces are not sent out at all, someone will say, "Wah lau eh! Got gunman still don't want to send special forces. Train them for what?! Parade for National Day only ah! Waste tax-payers' money!"

It is to the police credit that you and I can stay out late at night with the thought that a crime might be committed against us being the last thing on our mind. In fact, we have one of the most efficient police force in the world!

Instead of putting them down, let's salute our boys in blue. And I'll still say it's never stupid to be cautious.
    Last edited by reachme2003; 18th February 2006 at 01:17 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12