Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Tried Fuji Superia 800

Default Re: Tried Fuji Superia 800

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    800, you get underexposure by 1 stop.
    200, you get overexposuer by 1 stop.
    100, you get overexposure by 2 stops.

Setting the camera ISO just affects the metering on a film camera.
    Ah...but i dare not try that cos i didn't what will happen to the results.

By the way just to OT a bit, i just bought a roll of velvia 100 to compliment the EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro i just borrowed for the weekend. Results should be stunning i suppose.
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    Ah...but i dare not try that cos i didn't what will happen to the results.

By the way just to OT a bit, i just bought a roll of velvia 100 to compliment the EF 100mm f/2.8 USM Macro i just borrowed for the weekend. Results should be stunning i suppose.
    Be sure to send it to a reputable lab. I think you will love the tonal gradations!

Be sure to send it to a reputable lab. I think you will love the tonal gradations!
    Yupz, will be printing all macro shots out. Ruby Photo reputable enough right? Cos they only charge $4.50 per roll unmounted by dunno how much already if printed out.

The velvia 100 costs me $10.50 at MS colour...so ex
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Yupz, will be printing all macro shots out. Ruby Photo reputable enough right? Cos they only charge $4.50 per roll unmounted by dunno how much already if printed out.

Yeah.. It's like that. Ruby should be ok, I rarely shoot slides let alone print from slides so I can't really help you on that.

If you intend to print your shots you are better off shooting print film rather than slides, unless you are prepared to do a fair amount of Photoshop tweaking to match colour and luminosity, or paying for high quality Imacon or drum scans. Slides do not scan easily on minilab CCD scanners.

Quote Originally Posted by LKSC
    If you intend to print your shots you are better off shooting print film rather than slides, unless you are prepared to do a fair amount of Photoshop tweaking to match colour and luminosity, or paying for high quality Imacon or drum scans. Slides do not scan easily on minilab CCD scanners.
    Then in that case i've to consult Ruby Photo on that le..thanks!

Yeah.. It's like that. Ruby should be ok, I rarely shoot slides let alone print from slides so I can't really help you on that.
    Slides are just expensive on everything.

Slides are just expensive on everything.
    Esspecially when you want to develop a nice one into 4R. Quite ex. Thats why i rarely shoot slides.

Quote Originally Posted by Pr0t0type
    Esspecially when you want to develop a nice one into 4R. Quite ex. Thats why i rarely shoot slides.
    Tried a roll today with the 100mm macro i borrowed from my friend. As we know slides a bit over or underexpose spoil le so i mounted on tripod and put to Av mode to be safe...but very hard to use cos by the time i set up tripod and take, sometimes the insects disappeared or wind will shake them if on leaves or they're constantly moving so cannot keep them still and the shutter speeds are very slow on f/16.

I scared the pics when developed become spoilt or what since this is the very 1st roll of slides i'm using so trying them out.

Quote Originally Posted by Diablo
    Shooting it with EF50mm f1.8

Given the light condition, i gotta fully open it.
    And its grainy man....even on a 4R print

Is there any other finer fast speed film?
    Hmm.. my experiences with Superia 800 is quite good, grains are fine. Try overexposed by abit.

Shot with Press 800 too, really like it alot, even when blowup to 8R the grains are still impressive.

Tried a roll today with the 100mm macro i borrowed from my friend. As we know slides a bit over or underexpose spoil le so i mounted on tripod and put to Av mode to be safe...but very hard to use cos by the time i set up tripod and take, sometimes the insects disappeared or wind will shake them if on leaves or they're constantly moving so cannot keep them still and the shutter speeds are very slow on f/16.

I scared the pics when developed become spoilt or what since this is the very 1st roll of slides i'm using so trying them out.
    Macro photography seems challenging. Never tried before.. hehe

Macro photography seems challenging. Never tried before.. hehe
    Yes but haven't done with slides. I'm more confident with film as i can hand hold but for slides there's no room for error so i'm very cautious.

Yes but haven't done with slides. I'm more confident with film as i can hand hold but for slides there's no room for error so i'm very cautious.
    I think slide is just more stingy on exposure, overall I see no much difference. Handshake, slow shutter speed affects both negatives and slides.

For me I just shoot slides like normal negatives.

slides not that bad lah.. just use the same techniques as if you are shooting negs. just relax and have fun. i'm sure your slides will turn out

Should be no diff. Slides can under a bit nevermind.

I think slide is just more stingy on exposure, overall I see no much difference. Handshake, slow shutter speed affects both negatives and slides.

For me I just shoot slides like normal negatives.
    But slides are more unforgiving in exposures. The number of allowable stops for over and underexposure are more limited compared to film.

Should be no diff. Slides can under a bit nevermind.
    But over a bit then gone le mah...

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    slides not that bad lah.. just use the same techniques as if you are shooting negs. just relax and have fun. i'm sure your slides will turn out
    But yesterday i tried shooting macro with it....usually for film i use manual mode and it becomes underexposed but use flash to compensate back. I didn't do this with the slides so i use Av mode with tripod and cable release. It's very hard to shoot the insects cos they move around continuously and sometimes wind blow...to make things worse, under Av mode the shutter speed is very slow at f/16.

But slides are more unforgiving in exposures. The number of allowable stops for over and underexposure are more limited compared to film.
    more unforgiving compared to negatives. but +/- halfstop still ok.

Quote Originally Posted by madmacs
    more unforgiving compared to negatives. but +/- halfstop still ok.
    i heard up to 3 stops +/- only.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast