Results 1 to 11 of 11

Thread: expressive sky...

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adam Rd, Singapore
    Posts
    506

    Default expressive sky...

    Frenz,
    How to make an expressive sky pics... in the landscape pics I usually saw the sky was veeeeeery blue... anybody care to share how? Is that by pure chance (good weather) or some cam setting or any special filter? Thanks!

  2. #2
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    Just shoot when the sky is blue. Anyway u can tune abit on ur Photoshop or trying using slide! Hehe

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    West Legion
    Posts
    7,751

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    Polarizer can help to make th sky looks slightly more blue as well under some situation

  4. #4

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    Quote Originally Posted by daden
    Frenz,
    How to make an expressive sky pics... in the landscape pics I usually saw the sky was veeeeeery blue... anybody care to share how? Is that by pure chance (good weather) or some cam setting or any special filter? Thanks!
    blue as in this?



    i merely used a blue filter. more in http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1908775

  5. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adam Rd, Singapore
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    Quote Originally Posted by josho
    Just shoot when the sky is blue. Anyway u can tune abit on ur Photoshop or trying using slide! Hehe
    Elaborate a bit bro abt PS thingy... real noobz here...

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adam Rd, Singapore
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerZ
    Polarizer can help to make th sky looks slightly more blue as well under some situation
    To be specific... for digital prosumer user?... is it the circular or linear?... coz I heard that the linear on is more suitable for D/SLR sensor/film... Thanks

  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adam Rd, Singapore
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    Quote Originally Posted by blimmer
    blue as in this?


    i merely used a blue filter. more in http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?p=1908775
    Err, more or less... but how about if I use it (blue filter) in the daylight? Thanks

  8. #8

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    it works both at night and in the day
    alternatively you can get a 1A daylight filter

  9. #9
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    i think for blue sky..photoshop is best rather than a filter imo.
    or simply -ev is possible.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  10. #10

    Default Re: expressive sky...

    Quote Originally Posted by daden
    To be specific... for digital prosumer user?... is it the circular or linear?... coz I heard that the linear on is more suitable for D/SLR sensor/film... Thanks
    I am using a circular polarizer, it works perfectly for my FZ10.

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Adam Rd, Singapore
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: expressive sky... + focusing in landscape shooting

    Thanks for all help... will get CPL soon... Regarding cam setting itself... any suggestion for landscape shoot... like... how to focus and which metering mode is the best? particularly in FZ 20... Thanks a load!!!

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •