Thread: How to use photoshop to remove camera flash...

Default How to use photoshop to remove camera flash...

Hi,

I have took a some indoor group shots where the group was standing behind a glass wall. Is there anyway to remove the flashes that was on the glass wall. Many thanks

Default Re: How to use photoshop to remove camera flash...

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian
    Hi,

I have took a some indoor group shots where the group was standing behind a glass wall. Is there anyway to remove the flashes that was on the glass wall. Many thanks
    Woh! Whatever detail you lost cannot be recovered because there is no information where that bright spot is. The most you can do is to become an artist and 'paint' in what is supposed to be there. Of course you can use a clone tool to replicate some other data to that area but if it's on someone's face, I don't think you can do it that easily.
    Last edited by lsisaxon; 15th February 2006 at 02:16 PM.

Blog Entries

it depends on how bad it is

as mentioned above clone and paint

if its just on the glass wall and no reflection it can be eaisly cloned away. why dont u post a small pic for the rest to help u assess the "damage"

Thanks guys,
    The bright spot was on the glass itself, none of the subjects were affected by the flash.
    So i guess clone and paint will be a the choice is it?

Oh you got a flash hotspot!

Unfortunately its almost impossible to really cure these... even if you clone over the spot the light tends to spread from it... so you need to clone over the spot plus the surrounding area gradually. Else it'll look patchy. Very tedious process, and if you have any detail nearby (ie people's faces) its nearly impossible.

Try cropping away the area if possible. But prevention is usually the best. Make it a point to check you flash shots, esp those indoors. Takes just a sec, and saves you loads of hassle later.

You can try this... select the affected area, use the shadow/highlight tool to "contain" the spread of light. Clone over the spot that remains.
    Last edited by solarii; 15th February 2006 at 05:17 PM.