Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Results 61 to 69 of 69

Thread: MR on St. Valentine's Day

  1. #61
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    Congrats man..end of RT cycle liao!

    Keep up the training bro, so that next time no need to go RT. To me, that's a waste of time. No offence to RTers. That's why I always make a point to start training about 3 months before my IPPT, so I'll not suffer so much during it.

    Quote Originally Posted by k3nn3th03
    wa.. for me, i think i should say. "life at RT is also shiok..!! "

    haha.. next week last RT session liao.. yes.. status : Completed

    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  2. #62
    Member medane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Temasek
    Posts
    67

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    Quote Originally Posted by Virgo
    Hi medane, thanks. I'm also quite unwilling to part with my gears, since they accompany me for so many years already, but they're taking a lot of space in my store room, no choice but to dispose them.

    Care to share your MR parade then?

    Yes...life without IPPT is so 'shiok'! Me just doing push-ups and jogging to stay fit. No pressure man!

    Does it mean that if my unit (556SIR) goes MR, there will never be another 556SIR next time?
    I packed all my gears neatly in the store.... Probably one day culd share the memories with my kids and hopefully grandchildren, who knows.... I still keep my old uniform since BMT-ROD and stand-down. Can see how much I expand in size.

    My unit don't hv any MR parade.... only the usual stand-down parade. A simple parade followed by assumptous meal at cookhouse.

    Your unit 556SIR and mine 174SIR will be a history and wuld be remember down the memory lane. Any new unit will bear new numbers formation and the digits will keep increasing and its up to Mindef to decide.
    Nikon D80 + SB800 + 50mm f/1.8 + 18-200mm VR + 105mm f/2.8 macro

  3. #63
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    Thanks for sharing your experience bro. I'll try and see if I can keep my gears. Probably I'll just keep the necessary and dispose the rest.

    Woah...your unit still provide a sumptuous meal. My unit only provide a simple box-lunch and a reception after the parade! So 'niao'...

    Yah...556 and 174 will be history in the MINDEF archives. Next time unit numbers will be using 4 digits, like 5566 SIR?

    Quote Originally Posted by medane
    I packed all my gears neatly in the store.... Probably one day culd share the memories with my kids and hopefully grandchildren, who knows.... I still keep my old uniform since BMT-ROD and stand-down. Can see how much I expand in size.

    My unit don't hv any MR parade.... only the usual stand-down parade. A simple parade followed by assumptous meal at cookhouse.

    Your unit 556SIR and mine 174SIR will be a history and wuld be remember down the memory lane. Any new unit will bear new numbers formation and the digits will keep increasing and its up to Mindef to decide.
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  4. #64
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    haha congrats to all stand down personel
    I still have got 1 more High Key to go

    Currently serving my 6th HK in 400A SAR

    BTW the Gore-tex boots quite good what, comfy, light, water-proof and free
    I will still use it for bush bashing after I stand down

  5. #65
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    nowhere... juz a random stray.
    Posts
    2,227

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    haha congrats to all stand down personel
    I still have got 1 more High Key to go

    Currently serving my 6th HK in 400A SAR

    BTW the Gore-tex boots quite good what, comfy, light, water-proof and free
    I will still use it for bush bashing after I stand down
    Wah.. so good.. I got long long way to go.. sigh...
    Anyway, I agree with you on the gore-tex boots on comfy, light, free.. but I don't quite it quite water-proof and also it's rather warm to wear due to all the paddings...

  6. #66
    Moderator ortega's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
    Posts
    23,686
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    I might even MOD my No 4 Pants to a bermudas and use for photo shooting in dense bush

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Jurong Lake District - West
    Posts
    897

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    I might even MOD my No 4 Pants to a bermudas and use for photo shooting in dense bush
    er...at least ur still fits...

    mine....hiaz.......too small liao.....

  8. #68
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    Beri fast one lah bro. By the time you realised it, it's OVER!

    As for boots, I not so fortunate. Still wearing the good old type of boots. Those that need to season before can wear ones.

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    haha congrats to all stand down personel
    I still have got 1 more High Key to go

    Currently serving my 6th HK in 400A SAR

    BTW the Gore-tex boots quite good what, comfy, light, water-proof and free
    I will still use it for bush bashing after I stand down
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

  9. #69
    Senior Member Virgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    West of Singapore
    Posts
    4,816

    Default Re: MR on St. Valentine's Day

    And that's a good idea! Recycle!

    Quote Originally Posted by ortega
    I might even MOD my No 4 Pants to a bermudas and use for photo shooting in dense bush
    Kind Regards
    My Picture Website

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •