Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27

Thread: Chinese Invent Golf?

  1. #1

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    The truth is, who ever founded the ball, invented all ball games...

    really... catch no ball...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #3

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Not surprised... the Chinese invented so many things that we still use today...
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    soccer as well...
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Hougang
    Posts
    820

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Gunpowder!!!!
    除了爱, 我一无所有

  6. #6
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Not surprised... the Chinese invented so many things that we still use today...
    yeah... except for some quirks in history, the chinese will be credited for a number of discoveries too (like the arabs).
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  7. #7

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Marco Polo stole the noodle recipe wrong and called it speghetti.


    o, and don't forget the camera

  8. #8

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    You guys should read the book "1421"... During the time when the Chinese Emperor and his court ate from porcelain plates, the King of England held a wedding feast using stale bread as plates... that's how advance the Chinese were. The King ferried guests from France on 4 fishing boats.... the Chinese fleet that Zheng He commanded consists of thousands of huge vessels.

    Too bad Zhu Di's successor was useless and destroyed all the books in the great libraries and closed China off...
    Last edited by philliptan; 14th February 2006 at 02:32 PM.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

  9. #9
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    You guys should read the book "1421"... During the time when the Chinese Emperor and his court ate from porcelain plates, the King of England held a wedding feast using stale bread as plates... that's how advance the Chinese were. The King ferried guests from France on 4 fishing boats.... the Chinese fleet that Zheng He commanded consists of thousands of huge vessels.

    Too bad Zhu Di's successor was useless and destroyed all the books in the great libraries and closed China off...
    ah! i see u have the book too?

    there are more of such books documenting abt the chinese and arabic/persian civilizations, and their discoveries while much of europe was in the dark ages. if not for some quirks in history and ignoramous fools, who knows wat the world would be like today?
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Punggol 21
    Posts
    967

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    aiyah...play civilisation III, than u can choose your great nation
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    aiyah...play civilisation III, than u can choose your great nation
    ya man... can even make the once great Atlantis become the greatest nation & create 7 wonders and do Nuclear bombs...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  12. #12

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    You guys should read the book "1421"... During the time when the Chinese Emperor and his court ate from porcelain plates, the King of England held a wedding feast using stale bread as plates... that's how advance the Chinese were. The King ferried guests from France on 4 fishing boats.... the Chinese fleet that Zheng He commanded consists of thousands of huge vessels.

    Too bad Zhu Di's successor was useless and destroyed all the books in the great libraries and closed China off...
    interesting! will attempt to look for the book...
    well i guess zhu di's successor was jus tired of being ripped off by outsiders since china cld stand by itself...
    haha is this a good point to argue for globalisation? hmmmm
    or is it jus a case of too much pride?

    its a pity alot of ppl think chinese as a civilisation is backdated. I think its particularly so for medicine. Some lecturer I rem as saying that western medicine looks for mechanism then do years of field testing before releasing the medcine. the Chinese way is to do the field testing and see what works. haha dunno how right he is.. but was an interesting thought..

    oh chinese invented kites too ya?

  13. #13

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    and foot binding... hehehe

  14. #14

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Some of the more important inventions by the Chinese...

    - Iron casting
    - Water clocks
    - Compass (circa 206 AD)
    - Abacus (the first "calculator")
    - Planetarium
    - Paper (105 AD)
    - Books
    - Printer
    - Ink (2697 BC)
    - Seismoscope (132 AD)
    Last edited by philliptan; 14th February 2006 at 03:26 PM.
    The Art of Flying - Aviation Art Prints for sale
    http://TheArtofFlying.wordpress.com/

  15. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Planet Eropagnis
    Posts
    2,944

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    The Golden Era of Islam & the Great Chinese Civilisations, with all their inventions & cultures.

    All that's lost when one doesn't know how to exploit the weakness of others and let the weak steal, refine, rise up and to trample upon the once great.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

  16. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    At home
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Let us all be proud of our chinese heritage!

  17. #17

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    yeah... except for some quirks in history, the chinese will be credited for a number of discoveries too (like the arabs).
    Now that is news - "The Chinese discovered the Arabs?"

  18. #18
    Moderator nightwolf75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    really MORE diaper changes
    Posts
    17,839
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey
    Now that is news - "The Chinese discovered the Arabs?"
    eh... pls re-read again....

    "yeah... except for some quirks in history, the chinese will be credited for a number of discoveries too (like the arabs)." - explanation: the chinese are credited for making a number of discoveries, just like the arabs are also credited for making a number of discoveries....
    Last edited by nightwolf75; 14th February 2006 at 03:46 PM.
    If Life worked on auto mode then manual mode for photography would have never existed. ― Deeksha Mittal

  19. #19

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Quote Originally Posted by philliptan
    Some of the more important inventions by the Chinese...

    - Iron casting
    - Water clocks
    - Compass (circa 206 AD)
    - Abacus (the first "calculator")
    - Planetarium
    - Paper (105 AD)
    - Books
    - Printer
    - Ink (2697 BC)
    - Seismoscope (132 AD)
    haha just imagine if there was a thousand year patent on inks and printers ..
    the chinese will be making millions cos of the INKjet PRINTER industry...
    and since cos of production is so much lower there.. manufacturer inks won't be so ex!!!
    haha sorry can't resist it..

  20. #20

    Default Re: Chinese Invent Golf?

    Quote Originally Posted by nightwolf75
    eh... pls re-read again....

    "yeah... except for some quirks in history, the chinese will be credited for a number of discoveries too (like the arabs)." - explanation: the chinese are credited for making a number of discoveries, just like the arabs are also credited for making a number of discoveries....
    I get it, it was just a pun on your words

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •