Thread: Trip to taiwan mar 06

Default Trip to taiwan mar 06

am going to taiwan package tour at 18 mar for abt 7 days,
    check the yahoo weather n its says ranging from 14-20 ,

need to check with fellow snappers who has been to taiwan on wat to expect there?
    is there anything to consider / look out there ?
    eg , sd cards, clothes n food ..........

thank you very much for sharing

)

Deregistered

Default Re: Trip to taiwan mar 06

My sister just flew over there for a week's holiday

Which part of Taiwan are you going? Not everywhere sells cheap electronic goods. Prices at Taipei city, Tao Yuan and HsinChu are quite good generally, especially on DRAM, flash ram, storage casing and display cards except certain brands. For others, they are about the same as Singapore.

Food wise, Japanese food there is cheap and good. Local dishes are a bit too oily for my preference but beef noodle is a must try for me. Just one reminder: I had serious food poisoning when I took some ice dessert at hawker stall at Kaoshiung. But that was the only incident after I spent about 4 to 5 years there on projects.

One more thing: Try (as in taking a dip) the hot spring if there is a chance.

try the japanese food there. It's pretty good. (Just some info, they were very influenced by the jap before they separated from mainland china) Their departmental prices are about the same as here (some maybe even more expensive!) Try some of the different types of potato chips (they have cucumber flavour!!!!) Depending on what your tour package consist, i think they should include visits to Sun Yat Sen Memorial, Taipei 101 etc. You can kiv them if they're not included or you have free time. Of course there's the Shi lin night market, if can try the food there. pretty interesting stuff. Duck tongue etc. Check out the underground mall also. Everything is generally can be reached by their MRT. If you going to Hualian, do lots of stretching if you intend to walk Taorogo (wrong spelling)
    300D/5d2/40D/1d3/5D3
    17-40L F4, 28-70L F2.8, 24-105L F4, 50 F1.4, 70-200L F2.8

i see see the taiwan photos, many nice place for shots , the nice maket is my other concerns however,

afterall , camera lens n oil dun blend well .