Need advice on the following. I'm interested to get a DSLR so that I can take better pics and for future travel. But presently I have some gears with me. Not too sure if they are still usable for the DSLRs.
1) Nikon F-601QD
2) Nikon AF Nikkor 28-85mm 1:3.5-4.5 lens
3) Starblitz 3600DFNi Flash
4) Canon S45
Question and observations I have:
1) Looking at the gears, I'm not sure if the current Nikon lens and flash can be used for a Nikon DSLR.
2) The 350D uses same batteries as my S45 which can be useful.
3) I'm actually looking at Canon 300D/350D and Nikon D70/D50. Friends adviced me to get the Canon 10D instead if I'm going for the 300D.
4) I'm on a budget. Can't spend too much. So which system makes sense?
Hope I posted enough information for the gurus here to comment...