Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Formula 1 grand prix

  1. #21

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    these guys are organizing a outing to sepang. join there

    http://www.mytikas.org/portal/viewtopic.php?t=150

  2. #22

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Don't forget to bring earplugs.

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    Don't forget to bring earplugs.
    to a true F1 fan, the noise from the cars are like music to the ears.
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  4. #24

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Drivers and paddock crew all don earplugs.

    Hearing is one of most critical sense that one have. When cells in the ear drum die, they can never regenerate.

  5. #25

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    to a true F1 fan, the noise from the cars are like music to the ears.

    After the race, sadly no more hearing

  6. #26
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    810

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by mohgui
    to a true F1 fan, the noise from the cars are like music to the ears.
    For 1 car its OK, you can take it. But after 5 - 6 cars passing by at full throttle, you are asking for trouble if you don't use ear plugs. Believe me, I'm a veteran of about 12 GPs, most of them about 20 - 30 metres away from them and just out of corners when the drivers put their feet down hard! But at Sepang, you are likely to be about 60 - 80 metres away and if you can use a 200 mm lens, then even further away. From where I normally stand in Albert Park, I must use a WA like 35 mm on a FF body.

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Does this one have the pit-walk that we can walk close to the F1 cars and take close up shots?

  8. #28
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    810

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Does this one have the pit-walk that we can walk close to the F1 cars and take close up shots?

    All GPs have pit walks but it'll cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! And if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it!!

  9. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Astin Studio
    Posts
    4,736

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by syl
    All GPs have pit walks but it'll cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$! And if you have to ask how much, you can't afford it!!
    Hmm, the last one I went was the Japan GT Sepang circuit, went for the pit walk, the pit-walk pass was only about 100-150 RM I think, very cheap actually.

  10. #30
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    810

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Hmm, the last one I went was the Japan GT Sepang circuit, went for the pit walk, the pit-walk pass was only about 100-150 RM I think, very cheap actually.
    I don't know about the Japan GT prices but if I'm not mistaken, a hospitality pass which includes VIP treatment at the Paddock Club and a pit walk around for about 15 mins. used to cost about RM10K a few years ago.

  11. #31

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by Astin
    Hmm, the last one I went was the Japan GT Sepang circuit, went for the pit walk, the pit-walk pass was only about 100-150 RM I think, very cheap actually.

    I do agree with syl on this, afterall he is veteran of 12 gp's. Paddock club members enjoy the pit walk. In sepang it costs around 20thousand RM for the whole package. check this link

    http://www.my-essence.com/pdf/2006_F...ck_package.pdf

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Quezon City, Philippines, Phil
    Posts
    284

    Default Re: Formula 1 grand prix

    Last year we were there with few photog, C2 Hillstand Covered is the good place to take pictures. This year we will be back, 11 of us in the group and back to the same place C2! you can have a view of the long straight, the s curve and oval curve (slow speed). things to bring, earplug, mono, and mat where you can place in the grass, last year we sit on the grass and end up all with wild ants bites!

    I was then using 70-300 with D70 that time, more than enough, this time using 80-200 with 2X tele.

    See you there..............

    cheers,
    Last edited by glennboi; 19th February 2006 at 12:41 PM.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by glennboi
    Last year we were there with few photog, C2 Hillstand Covered is the good place to take pictures. This year we will be back, 11 of us in the group and back to the same place C2! you can have a view of the long straight, the s curve and oval curve (slow speed). things to bring, earplug, mono, and mat where you can place in the grass, last year we sit on the grass and end up all with wild ants bites!

    I was then using 70-300 with D70 that time, more than enough, this time using 80-200 with 2X tele.

    See you there..............

    cheers,
    yup... will be going to. hoping to get some free tix to K1 stands
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  14. #34

    Default Re: Formula 1 grand prix

    free tix to K1!!! i want!! seriously..any lobangs for discounts ?

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    La La Land
    Posts
    1,294

    Default Re: Formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by di0nysus
    free tix to K1!!! i want!! seriously..any lobangs for discounts ?
    aiyoh... i don't even know if i can get one. just hoping my uncle will come through with some news. he's the GM of JW Marriot hotel in KL and he mentioned free Grand Stand tix no problem. but who wants Grand Stand? i'd prefer K1.

    but alas, if only i can join him in the paddocks. was told Schumacher is getting him ONE pass. btw, my uncle is German too...
    Mythbusters - the bigger the explosion, the better it is.

  16. #36

    Default Re: Formula 1 grand prix

    i dun mind Grandstand though! 2 tix please!!! at Diamond!?:P

  17. #37

    Default Re: formula 1 grand prix

    Quote Originally Posted by rx_nick
    these guys are organizing a outing to sepang. join there

    http://www.mytikas.org/portal/viewtopic.php?t=150
    You know bariq? Wanted to join the outing, but when I tried registering in this forum but never gotten the account activation emails.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •