Thread: SkyPe Service Or

Default SkyPe Service Or

All all,
    I'm just wondering how you guys find Skype services?
    As my job requires me to travel often and I do often make overseas phone call back home, it will be more advisable to look for alternative to cut down on my phone bill.

Anyone can share with me your experience in using such services or similar services?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: SkyPe Service Or

I use skype at China hotel and so far is OK except at times the quality is not as good but still acceptable. Just need to make sure your connection to the internet is good.

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    All all,
    I'm just wondering how you guys find Skype services?
    As my job requires me to travel often and I do often make overseas phone call back home, it will be more advisable to look for alternative to cut down on my phone bill.

Anyone can share with me your experience in using such services or similar services?

Thanks in advance.

there are other services like VoIP then u may 1 to look at...nv use any of this services b4...but starhub is providing VoIP to their customer...so u may 1 to take a look there...

Skype is good. I also use it to communicate with my oversea colleagues.
    Get a Creative web-cam. You can see your family when you talk at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    haha...mite as well use msn messenger video conf...

Quote Originally Posted by sharky
    hmm.. looks like most are using Skype. So registration and activiation for skype is fast? I need to fly off in 2 days time, thought of getting one immediately.

Yes registration is immediate.

http://www.skype.com/helloagain.html

Quote Originally Posted by scanner
    hmm.. looks like most are using Skype. So registration and activiation for skype is fast? I need to fly off in 2 days time, thought of getting one immediately.

yes skype is pretty good, voices are of clear quality. internet connection must be relatively fast though!

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    yes skype is pretty good, voices are of clear quality. internet connection must be relatively fast though!
    Thanks guys. Guess skype will be the chosen one.

skype is top class. I use it on my PPC to call friends all over the world, from all over the world. I'm a big fan of skype out and even skype in.

I pay for Skype Out and it works beautifully. Bought €10 in credit last Oct and still haven't used it up yet. On average it costs €0.03/minute to most destinations. The quality is much better than the free service and you can call to local phones or mobiles.

Quote Originally Posted by Terence
    I pay for Skype Out and it works beautifully. Bought €10 in credit last Oct and still haven't used it up yet. On average it costs €0.03/minute to most destinations. The quality is much better than the free service and you can call to local phones or mobiles.
    Hmm.. maybe I should opt for skpeIn as well.
    Just callled home using skype, the reception is good even better than using auto roaming back here in Korea. I guess its depends on the internet connection.
    Last edited by scanner; 14th February 2006 at 09:48 PM.

Try the Starhub Voice Travel a flat fees and you are able to call people on the people free of charge. I find it simple and good.