Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sennheiser Headphones

Default Re: Sennheiser Headphones

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    If you think of it this way: buying a pair of hi-end speakers, plus a pair of hi-end speaker cables and a personalized listening room (your skull). The price tag of S$2,000 is not too expensive after all.
    Beware the dangers of the dark side of high end audiophile stuffs. There can be no return.
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

Quote Originally Posted by hwchoy
    go to hung brothers, ask for Jacque/Jacqueline and exude your utmost charm. she will order it from Senn Asia if you are really nice.
    Haha! ok thank you guys! Probably i will drop Senn asia a call before i do anything..

If you think of it this way: buying a pair of hi-end speakers, plus a pair of hi-end speaker cables and a personalized listening room (your skull). The price tag of S$2,000 is not too expensive after all.
    no no I do agree with you. that was what happened when I went for the HD600. I tested the HD590 and then casually asked "how about the HD600?" (that was a few years back when the HD600 was the new top-of-the-line). The guy's eyes pop open and ran to the back of the shop and brought out a a headphone contained in its own box, I knew I was in for a discussion with my wallet

fortunately it turns out it was money well spent. no doubt when I'm ready to persuade my wallet to part with $2000, it would be well worth every cent too.

Quote Originally Posted by behyx
    Haha! ok thank you guys! Probably i will drop Senn asia a call before i do anything..
    Senn Asia will most likely direct you to one of the resellers.

I am new to these audiophile system stuff, and I have a question though: I have this HD595, with a 3.5mm input, but I still the sound quality so-so, although much an improvement compared to my audio system, is there anyway to agrrandise the quality?
    Last edited by Slivester; 14th February 2006 at 08:25 AM.

yes, buy a HD650. or better still a Grado

btw your headphone should come with an adaptor for a full-size jack.

yes, buy a HD650. or better still a Grado....
    Grado... Grado... Grado... It is headphone God uses.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th February 2006 at 09:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    Beware the dangers of the dark side of high end audiophile stuffs.....
    I joined the dark side 17 years ago. Now, I am Darth Vader of audiophiles.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th February 2006 at 09:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    I am new to these audiophile system stuff, and I have a question though: I have this HD595, with a 3.5mm input, but I still the sound quality so-so, although much an improvement compared to my audio system, is there anyway to agrrandise the quality?
    Most hifi system has only minimum amplification for headphone, even if your hifi amp is powerful. Most manufacturer added in the headphone amp as an afterthought, just to make their system more flexible. The impedance for most higher end headphone ranges from 50 ohms to 300 ohms. The headphone output from your source could be insufficient to drive your headphone. Your HD 595 is 50 ohms, while not difficult to drive but compare that to 32 ohms for most streetwear headphone, it is slightly more difficult to drive already. If you are using your HD 595 with a portable source like a discman or mp3 player, you may find that your sound is rather weak.

To really improve your sound, you will really need a seperate headphone amp, with sufficient power to drive your headphone. If you are getting the HD 600 or 650, the impedance will increase to 300ohms.

Btw, Grado is
    Canon 80D|Panasonic LX3/LX5
    35f2 IS|50f1.8|85f1.8|12-24f4|18-135f4-5.6 IS|28-75f2.8

that's part of the problem using HD600 on those cheapo sound card, the volume is not loud enough. anyone tried driving the HD6xx with a creative sound card?

Ah, thats one lovely true audiophile-quality headphone, which is kind of far-fetch (or at least sort of) for streetwear? I have been using a HD 595 given to me as a gift last Christmas with my room's stereo set though, I don't really think I should bring it out, haha, too LARGE.
    true, kinda large, i only use it at home for listening to music...
    eat. drink. shoot

go to Hung Brothers, do an A/B trial betwen the HD590 and the HD600/650. Oh, go to the ATM first.

that was what happened to be when I went to buy a pair of Senn. I ended up buying the HD600.
    No money lei...you buy for me??
    eat. drink. shoot

Quote Originally Posted by kelccm
    Most hifi system has only minimum amplification for headphone, even if your hifi amp is powerful. Most manufacturer added in the headphone amp as an afterthought, just to make their system more flexible. The impedance for most higher end headphone ranges from 50 ohms to 300 ohms. The headphone output from your source could be insufficient to drive your headphone. Your HD 595 is 50 ohms, while not difficult to drive but compare that to 32 ohms for most streetwear headphone, it is slightly more difficult to drive already. If you are using your HD 595 with a portable source like a discman or mp3 player, you may find that your sound is rather weak.

To really improve your sound, you will really need a seperate headphone amp, with sufficient power to drive your headphone. If you are getting the HD 600 or 650, the impedance will increase to 300ohms.

Btw, Grado is
    My home audio system includes a Denon POA-5200, off the DCD-1650SRG cd player, shouldn't that do already?

Quote Originally Posted by +evenstar
    No money lei...you buy for me??
    eh? are you a chio bu?

Can I act as one for the day? :
    eat. drink. shoot

My home audio system includes a Denon POA-5200, off the DCD-1650SRG cd player, shouldn't that do already?
    Buy a headphone amp!

Har? Grados that good? I think its kinda sweeping statement to say Grados are the best. Its like tell ppl that Nikon makes the best cam.
    Last edited by afbug; 14th February 2006 at 08:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Buy a headphone amp!

Har? Grados that good? I think its kinda sweeping statement to say Grados are the best. Its like tell ppl that Nikon makes the best cam.
    not the best..but Grados do rock and fast jazz really well...like guns&roses. i would use senns for voice and classicals...try norah jones on a senns...

Quote Originally Posted by isomers007
    not the best..but Grados do rock and fast jazz really well...like guns&roses. i would use senns for voice and classicals...try norah jones on a senns...
    i use Canon for landscape, Nikon for portraits...

Quote Originally Posted by afbug
    Har? Grados that good?
    Wait till you try one.... Welcome to the dark side.

By the way, I use Canon (EOS 1Ds Mark II) at work, Nikon (F3HP, F100, N80, Coolpix 950) at play, Hasselblad (501CM) for portraits, and Zone VI for landscapes.
    Last edited by photobum; 14th February 2006 at 11:07 PM.

Wait till you try one.... Welcome to the dark side.

By the way, I use Canon (EOS 1Ds Mark II) at work, Nikon (F3HP, F100, N80, Coolpix 950) at play, Hasselblad (501CM) for portraits, and Zone VI for landscapes.
    Tried SR60 and SR80 for weeks and own a Alessandro MS1. Went back to my cheapo Koss KSC75. I actually had my friend's SR80 with me now. (In my drawer sleeping)

They dun cut it for me with its piercing highs and mid bass boom and narrow soundstage. Nice to listen to for the 1st 15mins, after that, its off my head. They cause ear fatigue easily and to me, they're not hi-fi. They're not all rounder. Only good for certain type of music.

I find the MS1 to be too rough and uncouth compared to a HD555/595, let alone a Grado.

Different ears, different strokes. Grado impress you but not me.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast