Thread: Trouble with Dopod 818

Default Trouble with Dopod 818

Hey guys, anyone of you own the above?

I just got it recently and found my set got problems synching using the USB cable. I tried to sync using IR and it worked. So suspected the USB port on my set faulty.... so went back to shop to change for new set.

The shop owner tested on his pc and it cannot work too, so he changed a new set for me. Similarly he tested the new set on his shop pc to make sure it works and it managed to sync.... Good! but when i brought back and tried on my laptop, it still could not detect using the cable the same cable was used throughout so cant be cable prob.... any ideas guys

Default Re: Trouble with Dopod 818

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat
    Hey guys, anyone of you own the above?

I just got it recently and found my set got problems synching using the USB cable. I tried to sync using IR and it worked. So suspected the USB port on my set faulty.... so went back to shop to change for new set.

The shop owner tested on his pc and it cannot work too, so he changed a new set for me. Similarly he tested the new set on his shop pc to make sure it works and it managed to sync.... Good! but when i brought back and tried on my laptop, it still could not detect using the cable the same cable was used throughout so cant be cable prob.... any ideas guys
    ever thought ur usb port on the com is faulty'?

Arrow Re: Trouble with Dopod 818

Maybe you can try the guys at Pocket PC SG(PPCSG) for more indepth help.

http://www.ppcsg.com/index.php?showforum=16

HTH.

Also try to use the latest AS v4.1.

Cheers
    John

Klose, the USB port is working fine as it worked when I tried connecting other devices to it. Also, my laptop detected the pda and said device is ready to use... but activesync does not detects it...

John, yes i am using ver 4.1 as provided with the package.

xtemujin, thanks for the link... will check it out.

I was using Nokia PC suite previously to sync with my Nokia phone. Suspect maybe it has something to do with it? Any ideas?

think u have to make a trip to the service... did u try asking in ppcsg forum??? u might get more info over there... cheers

Hi Josho,

I believe prob is not on the pda. As mentioned, I tested this set at the shop with the owners PC. And activesync worked... but when i used my laptop, it did not. think prob shld be on the USB connectivity on the laptop...

Quote Originally Posted by yehosaphat
    Hi Josho,

I believe prob is not on the pda. As mentioned, I tested this set at the shop with the owners PC. And activesync worked... but when i used my laptop, it did not. think prob shld be on the USB connectivity on the laptop...
    Is the option to connect by USB in the Active Sync in the laptop enable? Also might be good to change another cable to test.

Cheers
    John