Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you jaywalk?

Default Re: Do you jaywalk?

Quote Originally Posted by fWord
    Yes, but only for small roads, and only overseas. In Singapore, not only are the pedestrains dangerous...those driving the nice big cars are deadly as well.

Can't tolerate some of these idiots here. They've got great big cars, but they're seriously lacking in their road manners.
    So we need to use Big Lenses to shoot the liscense plates of these inconsiderate drivers

hit a man once at douby ghaut, when the underpass was'nt built at that time. it was a real chicken run then...tore his jeans off the backside...deserves him right.
    I lup SG, but SG don't love me...

Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Wow... thats dangerous!

Maybe if the traffic police starts to catch n fine ppl for jay walking that might solved the problems.(like they do so in other country)
    The TP are busy standing at the overhead bridge or blind spot with their speed camera (sometimes on a tripod) to catch speeding. More money that way - $300/fine.
    You think they are concern with your safety????? Have you ever seen policeman hiding behind pillars to catch people who jaywalk? I've seen and my friend was caught.
    Do you think that is the right way to do? Or are they supposed to stop someone who is going to jaywalk before they see their their kingdom come. Are they going to fine an old lady for jaycrossing or are they going to help them across that road to hell?

My story: three lanes before China Town (right in front of the new police station) coming from Bukit Merah I was about 200m away. The lights turned green for me and all cars moved off before I reached the traffic junction except 2 cars in the middle lane. As a driver what do you think? I took my initiative and went to the right lane so as to overtake them thinking the first car had a problem with his engine. 10m away I made an emergency stopped from 50km/h realising there was an old lady crossing the road infront of the car and coming to my lane! Infact, I am not angry with the old lady but the driver of the first car at the traffic. If I were him I would stopped all cars for her and make sure she is still alive before I moved off. That way I would sleep better lead a happier life.

Quote Originally Posted by LucidaM
    The TP are busy standing at the overhead bridge or blind spot with their speed camera (sometimes on a tripod) to catch speeding. More money that way - $300/fine.
    You think they are concern with your safety????? Have you ever seen policeman hiding behind pillars to catch people who jaywalk? I've seen and my friend was caught.
    Do you think that is the right way to do? Or are they supposed to stop someone who is going to jaywalk before they see their their kingdom come. Are they going to fine an old lady for jaycrossing or are they going to help them across that road to hell?

My story: three lanes before China Town (right in front of the new police station) coming from Bukit Merah I was about 200m away. The lights turned green for me and all cars moved off before I reached the traffic junction except 2 cars in the middle lane. As a driver what do you think? I took my initiative and went to the right lane so as to overtake them thinking the first car had a problem with his engine. 10m away I made an emergency stopped from 50km/h realising there was an old lady crossing the road infront of the car and coming to my lane! Infact, I am not angry with the old lady but the driver of the first car at the traffic. If I were him I would stopped all cars for her and make sure she is still alive before I moved off. That way I would sleep better lead a happier life.
    that was wat happened... except i was the 1st car... err... so should i come down & help the person across the street like that?

anyway, if i was the 1st driver, happen so u bang the old lady to her maker, i'd gladly go to court to prove your innocence man... cos if its not you who bang her, somebody else would... and definitely, i din...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by melvin
    Wow... thats dangerous!

Maybe if the traffic police starts to catch n fine ppl for jay walking that might solved the problems.(like they do so in other country)

As jay walking is endangering every road user on the road!

So pls try not to jay walk!
    no use lah..once police gone, jaywalkers back again.. just look outside city hall mrt crossing to capitol/peninsula.

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    no use lah..once police gone, jaywalkers back again.. just look outside city hall mrt crossing to capitol/peninsula.
    That's my fave jay walk place.

Quote Originally Posted by fWord
    ....They've got great big cars, but they're seriously lacking in their road manners.
    Try getting hit by those big SUVs. And the worst is yet to come when Humvee H2 will be available here later this year.
    Last edited by photobum; 16th February 2006 at 09:56 PM.

Humvee coming to SG!!!!! wowwwww man!!! that's my dream car man.
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    Humvee coming to SG!!!!! wowwwww man!!! that's my dream car man.
    BUY BUY BUY!!!
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    BUY BUY BUY!!!
    BBB??? even trying to find the scale model is hard enough, last time saw one, about the size of a shoe box, cost more than $400 bucks!!! can't even affort that how to BBB???
    I get paid more shooting part time ...... damn, I should find more time to shoot part time

I have not yet come across anyone who has never jaywalked..
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

Quote Originally Posted by photobum
    Try getting hit by those big SUVs. And the worse is yet to come when Humvee H2 will be available here later this year.
    What? really? A shrunk down version of the US retail version? Thought it was too wide for our road use. That sure is news.....

Try getting hit by those big SUVs. And the worse is yet to come when Humvee H2 will be available here later this year.

that is my dream car.

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    that is my dream car.
    I saw it last night!!! It was travelling down Beach Road, I got so excited I took out my cam and run to the middle of the road facing it and started snapping away. The Humvee was going quite fast straight at me and it did not occour to me to get out of it's way!!! It got so nead that I can see the driver in my viewfinder and realise too late that....................

Damn, fell out of bed. Yeah, the Humvee sure is my "Dream Car"

Quote Originally Posted by Lenscapes
    tat's jay walking paradise! + Humvee there = kill them all in 1 bang!

Quote Originally Posted by yqt
    I saw it last night!!! It was travelling down Beach Road, I got so excited I took out my cam and run to the middle of the road facing it and started snapping away. The Humvee was going quite fast straight at me and it did not occour to me to get out of it's way!!! It got so nead that I can see the driver in my viewfinder and realise too late that....................

Damn, fell out of bed. Yeah, the Humvee sure is my "Dream Car"
    For once, Humvee never make u Humchee...

Quote Originally Posted by Sjourn
    hit a man once at douby ghaut, when the underpass was'nt built at that time. it was a real chicken run then...tore his jeans off the backside...deserves him right.

Eh?

Quote Originally Posted by sammy888
    What? really? A shrunk down version of the US retail version?
    Yap.... It is official! Singapore gets the green light to import South African-made 5.0-liter version of the Humvee H2.

This "car" (technically, it is an all-terrain vehicle) is a gas-thirsty monster.

Jaywalk is common but what abt drivers didn't signal when they turn? I always let the car go first but pls, have the manners to signal u turning or not. Sometime really want to go ahead but if got accident, it might be a hit n run one in the end. Some drivers really lazy to signal, should complain to LTA n make a device to catch this kind of ppl.
    Only Sony device mostly, haha!

Yap.... It is official! Singapore gets the green light to import South African-made 5.0-liter version of the Humvee H2.

This "car" (technically, it is an all-terrain vehicle) is a gas-thirsty monster.
    5 liter version???!!! Guess it will always remain my "dream car"

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast