Tested by megaweb
Date : 1st November 2002
Sorry for the delay of the review of the x-drive due to I am busy recently with other works. Here is the simple review that I have done. I manage to get 6 different type of media to test out and refer to below table for the results.
X’s-Drive is a revolutionary portable storage device mainly for digital camera users. It can be used as media card reader too. It supports all of industry's storage cards (without any additional adapters), such as Compact Flash (Type I & II) (CF), IBM Microdrive, Smart Media (SM), Secure Digital (SD) , MultiMedia Card (MMC) and Memory Stick. It has a built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery which allows 2.5 hours of usage on a full charge. No more wire tangling out of battery packs!
Data transfer Tests
Time taken to transfer 1 Gig byte of files from x-drive to PC is about 55 minutes.
Time taken to transfer 1 Gig byte of files from PC to x-drive is about 30 minutes.
*Card is not supported , thus cannot transfer any file.
- support 6 industry's storage cards ( Compact Flash (Type I & II) (CF) , IBM Microdrive ,Smart Media (SM) ,Secure Digital (SD) ,MultiMedia Card (MMC) & Memory Stick )
- built-in rechargeable Lithium-ion battery
- able to read the media directly from the PC
- support external Power Pack ( 8x AA ) for emergency usuage
- No file verification capability to ensure proper images are being transferred.
- While performing file transfer from the media into the x-drive , ensure the x-drive Harddisk LED indicator is ready. If not , the file will not be transfered into the x-drive.
- Smart Media card with ID cannot work with x-drive
If you have any useful tip on x-drive which you want to share with the rest , you can pm it to me so that I can include it into my review information ...