Thread: absolut

Default absolut

this is the first time im trying in still life photography..please comments=)

Default Re: absolut

try to capture the product in its entirety instead of cutting in half. feels very cramp at the bottom.

ditto + as much as I like seeing an empty Absolut bottle (when I'm finished), for a photo it should be full. Also the background is too blown out for my liking..

Keep trying...

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    try to capture the product in its entirety instead of cutting in half. feels very cramp at the bottom.
    cuz i have seen many pictures of bottles taken as whole.. so i tried to be different by taking half the bottle with the caption "this superb vodka" .

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey
    ditto + as much as I like seeing an empty Absolut bottle (when I'm finished), for a photo it should be full. Also the background is too blown out for my liking..

Keep trying...
    haha too bad i had finished the whole bottle le.. till then, only an empty absolut. hmm i agree with u that the bg was too blown out.. any idea how can i better it? cuz i have tried to se tracing paper to wrap ard my light but didnt help much.

Quote Originally Posted by LOO ALMIGHTY
    haha too bad i had finished the whole bottle le.. till then, only an empty absolut. hmm i agree with u that the bg was too blown out.. any idea how can i better it? cuz i have tried to se tracing paper to wrap ard my light but didnt help much.
    fill it with water...
    SMS Only: Nine One Five Zero Seven Two One Six

2 things -

1. Change camera exposure to accomodate the bright light, maybe reduce by 1/3 - 1/2 stop

2. Increase the distance between the flash head and the tracing paper - this will further diffuse the light and/or add another sheet of tracing paper (and adjust exposure appropriately).

cuz i have seen many pictures of bottles taken as whole.. so i tried to be different by taking half the bottle with the caption "this superb vodka" .
    well, goes to show why not many bottles are taken in halves, lolz. spruce the composition thru lighting, angle, props, bg instead. a straight forward shot, unless with exceptional lighting is usually very boring.

Quote Originally Posted by cyber_m0nkey
    2 things -

1. Change camera exposure to accomodate the bright light, maybe reduce by 1/3 - 1/2 stop

2. Increase the distance between the flash head and the tracing paper - this will further diffuse the light and/or add another sheet of tracing paper (and adjust exposure appropriately).
    alright will take note of that the next time i shoot.thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtwo
    well, goes to show why not many bottles are taken in halves, lolz. spruce the composition thru lighting, angle, props, bg instead. a straight forward shot, unless with exceptional lighting is usually very boring.
    haha alright..will try to improve on that.=) anyway art is subjective=)