Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cheerobics 2006

Default Re: Cheerobics 2006

Cheerobics Final, 6pm at Toa Payoh HDB Hub. public can just go in and shoot since it's in open area.

Guys, Heats will start from 12pm at NTU SRC. Anyone game to help my team shoot? Drop me a line @ 90265621, and I will fill you in on the details. Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jonnie84
    Cheerobics Final, 6pm at Toa Payoh HDB Hub. public can just go in and shoot since it's in open area.
    Same same...
    i will be late due to work...
    Anyone else going???
    It's my first time trying my F4L...

Guys, please note that for the safety of all competitors especially the flyers (those being thrown up high high), flash is strictly forbidden during the competition.

I had to shoot using ISO 800 sometimes during the heats.. and some pics are still quite blur.
    Last edited by GriGri; 7th March 2006 at 06:28 AM.
    SMS Only: Nine One Five Zero Seven Two One Six

Let me just share with you some of our very own NTU school team ACES during the Open Heats.

Last edited by GriGri; 7th March 2006 at 10:20 AM.

NICE... upzz for my former school

Quote Originally Posted by GriGri
    Guys, please note that for the safety of all competitors especially the flyers (those being thrown up high high), flash is strictly forbidden during the competition.

I had to shoot using ISO 800 sometimes during the heats.. and some pics are still quite blur.
    hi, do you know how long the competition will last and how many teams are in the final.

Quote Originally Posted by vbs1979
    hi, do you know how long the competition will last and how many teams are in the final.
    I don't know exactly how many teams will be competing.

On 4th March I covered the Open Heats, total of 8 teams and competition finished within one and half hour. I didn't wait for the results though.

Guess you guys can estimate how many teams will be left for the final, for other categories too. You may refer to the official website as well.

so d competition start at 6pm at Toa Payoh is it?

is flash photography allowed?

Re: Cheerobics 2006

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

thanks 4 d info.

Deregistered

Just checking... How the organiser going to prevent people from using flash?

Cause during the Chingay at AMK during the lion dance. We were told the same thing but end up everyone including the offical photograhpy started to use the flash..

Quote Originally Posted by westwest1
    Just checking... How the organiser going to prevent people from using flash?

Cause during the Chingay at AMK during the lion dance. We were told the same thing but end up everyone including the offical photograhpy started to use the flash..
    Flashers, watch out for my 70-200! I will capture your face and make it more well-known than the Phone Video.

I guess they should have enough manpower to station around the audience.

we just follow and listen to instructions.

if you are standing beside me, i will mostly likely to tell you: Mister, do you mind switching off your flash? Shoot ambient instead.

as Gri Gri has mentioned, the flash light will distract the performers and cause them to lose concentration. this is particularly dangerous when they are doing their "pyramid stance".

we, the photographers, can play our part and set example by not using our flash.

During the Jan Renci event, i was at the Raffles Place site with a group of press photographers, the organiser told us no flash photography for the stunt and we all just follow the instructions.

we just have to play our part and remind those who do not know to follow.

that should be simple.

Flashers, watch out for my 70-200! I will capture your face and make it more well-known than the Phone Video.

u r fast... can i show u my NTU pass and help you be the Police for the event?

Deregistered

we just follow and listen to instructions.

if you are standing beside me, i will mostly likely to tell you: Mister, do you mind switching off your flash? Shoot ambient instead.

as Gri Gri has mentioned, the flash light will distract the performers and cause them to lose concentration. this is particularly dangerous when they are doing their "pyramid stance".

we, the photographers, can play our part and set example by not using our flash.

During the Jan Renci event, i was at the Raffles Place site with a group of press photographers, the organiser told us no flash photography for the stunt and we all just follow the instructions.

we just have to play our part and remind those who do not know to follow.

that should be simple.
    Haha...just hope that the typical singaporean will follow this man..

But for everyone of us, its not a problem.. flash or no flash as long can take photo can liaoz..

sigh... guess i'll be busy and wont be able to go down. have fun shooting.

u r fast... can i show u my NTU pass and help you be the Police for the event?
    You are the man!

You may use my 2100mAh and 2300mAh Sanyo batteries as bullets! Still finding a way to dispose them...

You are the man!

You may use my 2100mAh and 2300mAh Sanyo batteries as bullets! Still finding a way to dispose them...
    try my pocket. they are good for 2100 and 2300s..
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

They have alot of officials standing around for security reasons as well as ushering, and they will be watching around for 'flashers'.

Anyway the event will start 5pm tomorrow at TPY HDB Hub [confirmed with the ppl]. See u guys there, i will be there for pictures!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast