Thread: Hoya +1, +2, +4, etc...

Default Hoya +1, +2, +4, etc...

Hi guys, is these lens/filter really useful? How efficient are they if attached to the prosumer? Anybody could help me please with these? Thanks a lot!

Default Re: Hoya +1, +2, +4, etc...

these filters are a cheaper alternative for macro lenses. I used +4 on my G5 before, yah they are effective.

they are okay considering the price for performance ratio is good. Im using a +4 hoya which works well when coupled with my nikon 4T close up attatchment lens. i'd would admit that the quality of the Hoya +4 is not as good as the other close up lens that have been produced by the well named companies like nikon, canon, sigma etc.

Quote Originally Posted by West_ray
    these filters are a cheaper alternative for macro lenses. I used +4 on my G5 before, yah they are effective.
    Thanks Bro, any idea the market price?

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    they are okay considering the price for performance ratio is good. Im using a +4 hoya which works well when coupled with my nikon 4T close up attatchment lens. i'd would admit that the quality of the Hoya +4 is not as good as the other close up lens that have been produced by the well named companies like nikon, canon, sigma etc.
    Thanks... do you have any idea where I could get Nikon 4T and how much is the market price? Just roughly bro... I'm going to used it with my FZ20.

Quote Originally Posted by daden
    Thanks... do you have any idea where I could get Nikon 4T and how much is the market price? Just roughly bro... I'm going to used it with my FZ20.
    i bought them from LORDS at luck plaza, its 52 mm thread, so i dont think u can use it for FZ20...you can try asking for a 6T which is a 62 mm thread, with the same diopter. you can try john 3:16 and AP also to see if they have it...

most prosumers already have very impressive marco modes like some have 1cm focusing

i bought them from LORDS at luck plaza, its 52 mm thread, so i dont think u can use it for FZ20...you can try asking for a 6T which is a 62 mm thread, with the same diopter. you can try john 3:16 and AP also to see if they have it...
    Got myself a Raynox RT5264 any hints for the price? Thanks man... goin to buy soon.

Quote Originally Posted by roti_prata
    most prosumers already have very impressive marco modes like some have 1cm focusing
    Thanks Roti Prata... too bad mine not... but my previous Canon A520 has...

Got myself a Raynox RT5264 any hints for the price? Thanks man... goin to buy soon.
    its pricey...the nikon 4t/6t is about $50... dont bet you can get it, the first time i asked they all said no stock. a guy from john 3:16 said nikon sg dont keep track of these things and if you need them, you have to order..which might take weeks...

its pricey...the nikon 4t/6t is about $50... dont bet you can get it, the first time i asked they all said no stock. a guy from john 3:16 said nikon sg dont keep track of these things and if you need them, you have to order..which might take weeks...
    Thanks bro... will try to sms my buddy there... you've mentioned before that u can double 4t with Hoya +4... does any of those has a double thread? Thanks.

Thanks bro... will try to sms my buddy there... you've mentioned before that u can double 4t with Hoya +4... does any of those has a double thread? Thanks.
    erm yes, i just stack my 52 mm +4 on my 52 mm nikon 4t...doubles up as a scratch protector since the nikon is more ex than the hoya one.

but if you can afford it get 2 nikon 4t/6t, the image quality is better imo...

erm yes, i just stack my 52 mm +4 on my 52 mm nikon 4t...doubles up as a scratch protector since the nikon is more ex than the hoya one.

but if you can afford it get 2 nikon 4t/6t, the image quality is better imo...
    Gonna get the Hoya 2nd hand and hiks... for the 4t gotta be new liao... hard sweat money for a foreign student like me...
    Terima kasih Azlan...
    Cheers!

I got a +4 for my 50mm lens...works like a beauty!
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoweagle
    I got a +4 for my 50mm lens...works like a beauty!
    Hehehehe... we are on the different league, bro... Can't really compare the 'beauty'... not to mention the 'speed'... btw, how much u buy the +4? Thanks.

Hehehehe... we are on the different league, bro... Can't really compare the 'beauty'... not to mention the 'speed'... btw, how much u buy the +4? Thanks.
    Of cos the quality will drop a bit....my +4 is 52mm and bought new with box, is $18
    Canon EOS 5D, 24-70 f/4 L IS, 50 f/1.2 L, 70-300 f/4-5.6 L IS, 600EX-RT. Sigma 12-24 f/4.5-5.6 EX.

Hi Daden,

For the 52mm Nikon 4T, I believe most of the place are out of stock, but I place an order with MScolour and was quoted $45. Hopefully that it will come in soon.
    莫问前程有愧,只求今生无悔. Time pasts, Places changed, Beauty faded, what is left are Photos of Memories…

Quote Originally Posted by Francis247
    Hi Daden,

For the 52mm Nikon 4T, I believe most of the place are out of stock, but I place an order with MScolour and was quoted $45. Hopefully that it will come in soon.
    Thanks for the infos, buddy!