Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mazda RX-8

Default Re: Mazda RX-8

Beri nice the sky. Lovely.. And of course the car also lah... nice !!

Love the shots, man. Well done! Like especially the first where your friend is also wearing red... there's an identity with the car. Though he's apart from the car, they are actually connected by the red... powerful... and they are both "looking" at the same direction...

Quote Originally Posted by ibs
    yes.. but just a bit. i reduced the cyan and darken the sky to better compliment the red tones of the car. other than that.. the sky's color balance is pretty much untouched.

Wow, good stuff u have right there.

Did u darken the whole picture or the sky only?
    Did u use polarizer when u shoot?
    I never able to get such detail from the sky. how it's done?
    care to share?

Quote Originally Posted by newmemberz

care to share?
    that's the effect of polarizer, i suppose
    but i find it over-used... (too dark).... just personal preference....

Quote Originally Posted by feimao07
    nice perspective n great colors...
    Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    very ncie wideangle shots. Did you use a poalriser for that kind of contrast?
    Quote Originally Posted by oTaRu
    very nice wide angle shots~!~!
    Quote Originally Posted by seankyh
    Beri nice the sky. Lovely.. And of course the car also lah... nice !!
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by lesneo
    Love the shots, man. Well done! Like especially the first where your friend is also wearing red... there's an identity with the car. Though he's apart from the car, they are actually connected by the red... powerful... and they are both "looking" at the same direction...

Thanks I'm kinda glad someone finally saw that 'connection' LoL

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    very ncie wideangle shots. Did you use a poalriser for that kind of contrast?
    Quote Originally Posted by newmemberz

care to share?
    No, I did not use polarizer for these set. I find that polarizers are best use at noon to get its maximum effect.

I shot ard 5 pm, to get as much available vertical light as possible. We all know 5 to dusk is the magic hour, but I wanted the dynamic range of the sky, so itís best done when the sun is at the furthest.

Basically hereís my workflow..

In PS, to get the dark sky effect, I just duplicate the layers in multiply mode as many times as I needed. I then masked off the ground.

I wanted to have the moody industrial look with dark dramatic (but not so surreal) sky. So I used selective color layer to reduced the cyan and darken the blues of the sky. (To get a really super polarizer effect.. try adding cyan on blue and cyan on cyan!) I find that this tone of blue better compliments the red tone of the car.

Thatís abt it I guess. You can get a similar effect with a color polarizer, but you have to take into consideration the time of day and weather condition. I wanted to have this overall look and feel - and I donít think I can achieve it otherwise.

Hope that helps.

Great Job! The car is seems smiling in the 3rd picture...

can I say wow?

if these pics were used in an ebay ad, the car ought to be sold pretty soon lah.

Quote Originally Posted by ibs
    No, I did not use polarizer for these set. I find that polarizers are best use at noon to get its maximum effect.

I shot ard 5 pm, to get as much available vertical light as possible. We all know 5 to dusk is the magic hour, but I wanted the dynamic range of the sky, so itís best done when the sun is at the furthest.

Basically hereís my workflow..

In PS, to get the dark sky effect, I just duplicate the layers in multiply mode as many times as I needed. I then masked off the ground.

I wanted to have the moody industrial look with dark dramatic (but not so surreal) sky. So I used selective color layer to reduced the cyan and darken the blues of the sky. (To get a really super polarizer effect.. try adding cyan on blue and cyan on cyan!) I find that this tone of blue better compliments the red tone of the car.

Thatís abt it I guess. You can get a similar effect with a color polarizer, but you have to take into consideration the time of day and weather condition. I wanted to have this overall look and feel - and I donít think I can achieve it otherwise.

Hope that helps.
    Thanx for sharing.
    Will experiment on that.

Your friend selling RX-8 to get MX-5?
    Anyway, I like the first pic alot. If the dude is nearer and clearer can use as his poster or album cover.....

But I thinking will the wheels look better if turn towards you or keep straight?

1st photo is nice...

Looks like a higher power manual version of the RX-8.

Nice car with a nice colour

hmmm, why suddenly dig up a topic that 1 year ago?

overall, only the 2nd shot is appealing to me. the others doesn't seem to match the grandeur of the 2nd photo. well done.

Quote Originally Posted by Cursor View Post
    hmmm, why suddenly dig up a topic that 1 year ago?
    Sorry... i just saw the thread only... that's why... maybe now the car already many owner & all changed already... Maybe the car already became yellow, full ah beng body kit & very high GT wing that sort...

sweeeeeeeet! nice contrast and colors.

I like the dark blue sky

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12