Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dog Lovers here?

Default Re: Any Dog Lovers here?

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    My rascals ... from the original owners' premises ...

wah! exposure spot on!

i think all dogs standard... cannot stand indian
    In India and Malaysia police force, the indian police manage to guard the GSD very well. How can u explain that ?

Dog are not born naturally racist against Indian.

Actually it's not your dog can differentiate between what typeof skin colours between malays, indians, chinese or eurasian. Dog's see things in grayish color and their eye sight is relatively poor in long distance.

I think it's the smell that comes off the body, I am totally NOT being racist or anything, I dun mean smell as in Body Odor or anything but scientifically it's the kind of chemical smell that the body transmit due to the food we eat.

Socializing your dog is the correct way..but do it cautiously because if it smells that the person (malay or indian) have a different type of smell from a chinese, it may think the person may pose some kind of threat to you and your family that's why it's acting protective.

What you can do is just slowly let him play with the malays and indians and always be present and assure your dog that the person mean no harm to you.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 6th February 2006 at 02:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    i think the owner did not traint the cat. Also did not bother to mop the floor everytime it pee.
    ;o cat cannot shower right
    Some cats can be showered but not our local breeds. Cats do not smell as they are very clean creatures, they take a "shower" by licking themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Some cats can be showered but not our local breeds. Cats do not smell as they are very clean creatures, they take a "shower" by licking themselves.
    oic.. is that mean they dun have ticks?

ask u guys..
    for puppies.. take home at 2mths old is it too young?

If they are allowed to roam out of the house, the chances of catching fleas and ticks are high...

;o.. that's why i prefer dog :P...
    can shower.. comb comb..

eHs... not to spark a racial debate or anything ... but aren't malays supposed to stay away from dogs?

eHs... not to spark a racial debate or anything ... but aren't malays supposed to stay away from dogs?
    Just to provide some facts before this gets really really heated. Facts are from a muslim friend.

In the Quran, dogs are not unclean but rather it is their noses. Muslims are allowed to touch a dog but if they touch the nose then what they have to do is to cleanse theirselves with some soil.

What my friend did was take soil from the ground, rub his hands with it and recite a short prayer.

He explained to me, as people got more religious, they took things too literally and too by the book. Hence you have muslims that shrink away when they see dogs are if they are made of poison.

I personally had friends in Pakistan that kept Dobermans at home as guard dogs.

Where is the best pet shop to get a pet puppy without being conned; like for cameras we have Cathay Photo, MS colour, John 3:16 and etc. So how about for dogs?

Quote Originally Posted by centuryegg
    Just to provide some facts before this gets really really heated. Facts are from a muslim friend.

In the Quran, dogs are not unclean but rather it is their noses. Muslims are allowed to touch a dog but if they touch the nose then what they have to do is to cleanse theirselves with some soil.

What my friend did was take soil from the ground, rub his hands with it and recite a short prayer.

He explained to me, as people got more religious, they took things too literally and too by the book. Hence you have muslims that shrink away when they see dogs are if they are made of poison.

I personally had friends in Pakistan that kept Dobermans at home as guard dogs.
    Interesting facts indeed...

Glad this clears the air

Quote Originally Posted by Moonstone
    Where is the best pet shop to get a pet puppy without being conned; like for cameras we have Cathay Photo, MS colour, John 3:16 and etc. So how about for dogs?
    Depends on the breed you're getting and how much you're willing to spend... basically if a dog has papers and is imported. They should provide it.

I am very against buying any dog from pet shop. But in Singapore, u have no chance to buy from well known breeder. too bad...

ya lor.. me also looking for a good pet shop looking for maltese puppies or westie puppies

Depends on the breed you're getting and how much you're willing to spend... basically if a dog has papers and is imported. They should provide it.
    i looking for female westies or maltese lor

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I am very against buying any dog from pet shop. But in Singapore, u have no chance to buy from well known breeder. too bad...
    why leh?

Hi hi...

My wife and myself are thinking of having a dog, but the problem is, most of the time, no one is at home.

Don't think it is a good idea right? Will the dog get sick because of loneliness?
    Last edited by kevyan; 6th February 2006 at 05:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    I'd have to agree with you here.

Most breeds here in SG, the blood lines are already very very messed up ... especially the huskies, GSDs and smaller breeds. Worst part being, the markup rate is very high.

Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Hi hi...

My wife and myself are thinking of having a dog, but the problem is, most of the time, no one is a home.

Don't think it is a good idea right? Will the dog get sick because of loneliness?
    If the dog is left alone, probably it'll be lonely. I've rared 1 dog all my life, and later introduced another to him ... but later had to return the owner as the latter got too out of hand (he destroyed my garden and goes beserk everytime there was rain or water! ) ... what happened was my dog sank into depression.

Now I have 2 delightful "monsters" - 1 being taller than me if on 2 legs ... and i dare say - dogs need a companion or another of their kind to keep them company when one's around

Quote Originally Posted by kevyan
    Hi hi...

My wife and myself are thinking of having a dog, but the problem is, most of the time, no one is a home.

no know about others dog.
    my cherish.. for almost 10 yrs.. she alone at home from 7am to 7pm .. ke lian.. but never complain leh. Bring her for walk at night.. and weekend for some game ..

I'd have to agree with you here.

Most breeds here in SG, the blood lines are already very very messed up ... especially the huskies, GSDs and smaller breeds. Worst part being, the markup rate is very high.
    Ya lor... got a guy willing sell me his westie at 1k.. then i saw the petshop and pet farm at 2k.. wow liao

Page 4 of 48 FirstFirst ... 2345691429 ... LastLast