Page 18 of 48 FirstFirst ... 8131617181920232843 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dog Lovers here?

Default Re: Any Dog Lovers here?

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Wait till they shed... then it'll really make your day

Friend's husky pupppy shot @ sentosa doggy beach ... now quite big already
    wow the husky so cute!!

[QUOTE=dEthANGeL]Most people want/prefer "branded" dogs - dogs with breed... ...
    QUOTE]

Yeah I agree........... I once spoke to a owner of a dog boarding place about my previous dog and her antics... when asked what breed, I proudly said "dont know man.... she is so mixed!" What I got in reply was in front of everyone in the shop "OH YOU MEAN A PARIAH DOG....................." And the owner gave a disdainful laugh......

I knew what the owner meant and retorted "YEAH PARIAH BUT BLOODLY LOYAL AND SMART ONE!"

I really hope people can give those unwanted dogs a chance before getting a puppy as there are many many dogs out there waiting to have a home. U can try forums like doggiesite.com or dogsforum.com. There are always tons of dogs waiting to be rehomed, if u really love dog and really want them you wouldn't mind the age or how they look, or what colour they are.

I rehomed this dog, the only description i heard from my friend is a big brown dog, she don't even know the breed, no pic no nothing it sounds ugly but he's unwanted and had been passing fr family to family, i really couldn't stand it. So i brought him home...he turns out to be sweet and smart boy. I felt that rehome dog loves you more, cos he knows that you love him and cherish him as they had been through the bad time.

Last edited by MaGixShOe; 9th February 2006 at 08:37 PM.

[QUOTE=centuryegg]
    Most people want/prefer "branded" dogs - dogs with breed... ...
    QUOTE]

Yeah I agree........... I once spoke to a owner of a dog boarding place about my previous dog and her antics... when asked what breed, I proudly said "dont know man.... she is so mixed!" What I got in reply was in front of everyone in the shop "OH YOU MEAN A PARIAH DOG....................." And the owner gave a disdainful laugh......

I knew what the owner meant and retorted "YEAH PARIAH BUT BLOODLY LOYAL AND SMART ONE!"
    Dun bother those ppl lah.. as long as u proud of your baby ;D

Quote Originally Posted by MaGixShOe
    I really hope people can give those unwanted dogs a chance before getting a puppy as there are many many dogs out there waiting to have a home. U can try forums like doggiesite.com or dogsforum.com. There are always tons of dogs waiting to be rehomed, if u really love dog and really want them you wouldn't mind the age or how they look, or what colour they are.

I rehomed this dog, the only description i heard from my friend is a big brown dog, she don't even know the breed, no pic no nothing it sounds ugly but he's unwanted and had been passing fr family to family, i really couldn't stand it. So i brought him home...he turns out to be sweet and smart boy. I felt that rehome dog loves you more, cos he knows that you love him and cherish him as they had been through the bad time.

it's really nice of you. Maybe my effort on adopting a dog is not strong enough ...
    I did try to post on doggiesite.. my nick there is cherish... i even get sour by ppl there said FAT hope want to adopt a puppy .
    ANyway, i still willing to adopt a female dog if any suitable. ur dog look so beautiful.. shall we have a dog gathering when i get mine ..

oh pls dun mistaken.. i want to adopt a female dog does nto mean i want to mate them. I will sterlise the female dog ..

Just now i beg my hubby bring me to borders.. spend an hr there reading how to handle a new puppy... got some great tips liao ..

Step 1
    Request the breeder to put a clean towel with the puppies and female puppies for a few days (a place where they sleep)
    When i bring the puppy back, put the towel into a plastic bag.
    Then at night when the puppy want to sleep, wrap the towel with warm water bottle. Place near the baby. This should make the puppy feel familar and warm.. easier for sleep.
    Another way is the place the puppy in a play pen, how better how he cry or howl just ignore it.
    I think first choice better ..

I get to read how to groom a westie too. I think i can handle hand stripped grooming .. base on the pictures .. seem much easier then grooming a maltese ^_^

Wait till they shed... then it'll really make your day

Friend's husky pupppy shot @ sentosa doggy beach ... now quite big already
    one day i will buy this breed.

Quote Originally Posted by soma
    when is that day
    now got husky for adoption :P

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    when is that day
    now got husky for adoption :P
    now no time to take care leh.. wanted very long liao, friend import a pair of champion breed from Aus to breed, has pass the first batch liao..wait till i got more time and don't travel that offen first.

Quote Originally Posted by Errz
    I got a maltese , age almost 6yrs. Getting more and more naughty (kena pampered by in-laws)
    hey, ive seen yr gallery.it's nice! May I know what cam/lenses u're using?

now no time to take care leh.. wanted very long liao, friend import a pair of champion breed from Aus to breed, has pass the first batch liao..wait till i got more time and don't travel that offen first.
    Gee.. that very long liao..
    hey import animal in is it troublesome?
    Does the dog need to be quarantine? if with health cert?

Some ranking for reference (Done by academic research, but not official ranking by AKC.org)

a) The Intelligence Dog
    Rank Breed
    1 Border Collie
    2 Poodle
    3 German Shepherd
    4 Golden Retriever
    5 Doberman Pinscher
    6 Shetland Sheepdog
    7 Labrador Retriever
    8 Papillon
    9 Rottweiler
    10 Australian Cattle Dog

b) Top Dogs for Watchdog Barking
    Listed from most to least alert. All these breeds are excitable and will bark vigorously at the presence of an intruder or in most situations that they think are out of the ordinary

Rank Breed
    1 Rottweiler
    2 German Shepherd
    3 Scottish Terrier
    4 West Highland White Terrier
    5 Miniature Schnauzer
    6 Yorkshire Terrier
    7 Cairn Terrier
    8 Chihuahua
    9 Airedale Terrier
    10 Poodle (standard/miniature)
    11 Boston Terrier
    12 Shih Tzu
    13 Dachshund
    14 Silky Terrier
    15 Smooth Fox Terrier
    Wire Fox Terrier

c) Top Dogs for Security Work
    Listed from most to least effective according to territorial sense, aggressiveness, bulk, strength, courage and resistance to counterattack.

Rank Breed
    1 Bullmastiff
    2 Doberman Pinscher
    3 Rottweiler
    4 Komondor
    5 Puli
    6 Giant Schnauzer
    7 German Shepherd
    8 Rhodesian Ridgeback
    9 Kuvasz
    10 American Staffordshire Terrier
    11 Chow Chow
    12 Mastiff
    13 Belgian Sheepdog
    Belgian Malinois
    Belgian Tervuren

Gee.. that very long liao..
    hey import animal in is it troublesome?
    Does the dog need to be quarantine? if with health cert?
    ya lor.. will have to wait awhile before i start keeping one. Need quarantine, but forget how long liao. A bit troublesome and expensive, for the pair i think they spend about 10 over k all in all.

this clothes so cute ;D

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    Some ranking for reference (Done by academic research, but not official ranking by AKC.org)

a) The Intelligence Dog
    Rank Breed
    1 Border Collie
    2 Poodle
    3 German Shepherd
    4 Golden Retriever
    5 Doberman Pinscher
    6 Shetland Sheepdog
    7 Labrador Retriever
    8 Papillon
    9 Rottweiler
    10 Australian Cattle Dog

b) Top Dogs for Watchdog Barking
    Listed from most to least alert. All these breeds are excitable and will bark vigorously at the presence of an intruder or in most situations that they think are out of the ordinary

Rank Breed
    1 Rottweiler
    2 German Shepherd
    3 Scottish Terrier
    4 West Highland White Terrier
    5 Miniature Schnauzer
    6 Yorkshire Terrier
    7 Cairn Terrier
    8 Chihuahua
    9 Airedale Terrier
    10 Poodle (standard/miniature)
    11 Boston Terrier
    12 Shih Tzu
    13 Dachshund
    14 Silky Terrier
    15 Smooth Fox Terrier
    Wire Fox Terrier

c) Top Dogs for Security Work
    Listed from most to least effective according to territorial sense, aggressiveness, bulk, strength, courage and resistance to counterattack.

Rank Breed
    1 Bullmastiff
    2 Doberman Pinscher
    3 Rottweiler
    4 Komondor
    5 Puli
    6 Giant Schnauzer
    7 German Shepherd
    8 Rhodesian Ridgeback
    9 Kuvasz
    10 American Staffordshire Terrier
    11 Chow Chow
    12 Mastiff
    13 Belgian Sheepdog
    Belgian Malinois
    Belgian Tervuren
    then my westie will bark until i siao lor

ya lor.. will have to wait awhile before i start keeping one. Need quarantine, but forget how long liao. A bit troublesome and expensive, for the pair i think they spend about 10 over k all in all.
    so ex... i better dun important a maltese it :P thou the ladies said 600USD include shipment

so ex... i better dun important a maltese it :P thou the ladies said 600USD include shipment
    If i am not mistaken, imports from Australia does not need quarantine ... If you ship it as live animal on board the plane, you can pick up the dog at Changi cargo terminal the minute you touch down. Just have to do some minor paperwork (pay the relevant taxes, if any) and you can go home with your lovely pet.

But i think you are not allowed to import dogs younger than 6 months. But many people (pet shop owners, breeders, dog lovers, etc) still do it, but they will not have the pedigree certs because those will have the dogs' birth dates.

RGDs

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean
    If i am not mistaken, imports from Australia does not need quarantine ... If you ship it as live animal on board the plane, you can pick up the dog at Changi cargo terminal the minute you touch down. Just have to do some minor paperwork (pay the relevant taxes, if any) and you can go home with your lovely pet.

But i think you are not allowed to import dogs younger than 6 months. But many people (pet shop owners, breeders, dog lovers, etc) still do it, but they will not have the pedigree certs because those will have the dogs' birth dates.

RGDs
    how about buying from Malaysia..and bring in to Singapore...?

this clothes so cute ;D
    only dog owner enjoy seeing thier dog wrapped in cloth.

the dog itself would rather be himself and not wearing any cloth.

Be prepared to put in a lot of patience and care .... huskies are more towards the stubborn side training wise. They have this "bo chup" attitude ... so alot of patience has to be put in ...