Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    how often is their mating season?
    like human lor...

how often u think of that business...?

everyday in your 20s..

then 2times a week in 30s..

once a week in 40s

and once a month in oldies.

if he has more pressure , then the desire drop..
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 8th February 2006 at 03:53 PM.

Default Re: Any Dog Lovers here?

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    lol ... i give my male dog a "doll"
    are you serious ;o

are you serious ;o

He might get abit aggresive if he dun get his needs ..... so why not let him relief off ? Moreover I can have a live "Animal Planet" show in my house ....

oh man .. you got to be kidding me right? ....

He might get abit aggresive if he dun get his needs ..... so why not let him relief off ? Moreover I can have a live "Animal Planet" show in my house ....
    aiya i am serious lah
    give the dog a doll will solve his problem?

how often is their mating season?

for male..no mating season. Every time they are in mood to see a bitch..they will need it.

for female, as long as they are happy..they will let the male to do it.

But there are 2 times of breeding season a year.

Any kind of breed is the same. Bitch just give birth 2 times per year.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Most people sterlize their female dogs due to less problems in future - growths etc.
    correct. sterlize the female dog will have less health related issue in the future.

However that also depend what breed u are having.

for my case, it is a Rottweiler.

Rottweiler brought up in western country, no matter how..it is bigger than those brought up in asean country.

female is again smaller size than male. and Sterlize tend to get the female dog grow into slightly smaller.

I am afraid after sterlised my female Rottie, she will become Fat and short..damn it. she will look sibey ugly then.

I will rather not to sterlize my Rottie...and look for a reputable breeder to mate her with another good stud good....

Female Rottie will grow into full size after 1st deliver.

whether sterlise or not, depend on individual preference.

Geee... 1 mth and 10 days to go...

Quite worry the breeder will fly me kate.. do u think i should ask him should i pay him a deposit?

Hi Haze, i've reading this whole thread when i was in school earlier on and took me a really long time. though i really don't know much about dogs and everything, i'm sure of a big animal lover =p. and i think you should put a deposite so that he can't say that a month later. just pay a small amount like 100 bucks or something. but beware of him as well =)
    I Love You :)

Quote Originally Posted by Koelsch
    Hi Haze, i've reading this whole thread when i was in school earlier on and took me a really long time. though i really don't know much about dogs and everything, i'm sure of a big animal lover =p. and i think you should put a deposite so that he can't say that a month later. just pay a small amount like 100 bucks or something. but beware of him as well =)
    Hi Koelsch ,

I think so too.. actually hor.. i am the one who flicker minded. Initially he told me i can take time consider.. then i consider 3 days later tell him dun want liao.. then after few days later tell him i might awnt.. and request if i can make the decision only when the puppies are 2 mths old. Then he said ok.. he is fine with it.

So .. that's woman :P.. worry might get fly kate...
    do u think $80 is ok? the pup cost $800

fly kite =P error there. err 80bucks should be fine. since you're a very interested buyer, i think he knows it himself. and i don't think he would be able to find such a buyer like you such a short time as well. if there's any problems with the dogs when they're 2 months old, you can have back your refund because there IS a problem with it. if not, you can pay the owner the remaining amount and bring the pup home. =) 1 month later is always quite a long time. u might change your mind by then too lol

fly kite =P error there. err 80bucks should be fine. since you're a very interested buyer, i think he knows it himself. and i don't think he would be able to find such a buyer like you such a short time as well. if there's any problems with the dogs when they're 2 months old, you can have back your refund because there IS a problem with it. if not, you can pay the owner the remaining amount and bring the pup home. =) 1 month later is always quite a long time. u might change your mind by then too lol
    that's my worry part lor -_____- got to wait one mth.. my neck really crawling longer.. sian...moreover i am a very impatient person

it's sometimes good to make some side investments. if you think this dog is good now. you might find a dog you fall in love immediately with 2 weeks later. how about that? so just put a deposite with this dog right now. and just wait patiently and scout for some others at the same time as well.

hi haze....buy a dog is a life time commitment. It may be 10 to 13 years.
    dun simply buy on impluse.

I advice u to better go to look at the puppies....at 8 week. and decide from there.

If on 8th week, there is only 1 puppy left, and after u have done some basic puppy selection testing..and dun think that this is a good dog to owner...then dun buy. wait for another chance..or go for others.

of course, u can now out $80 deposits...(assume the puppy at 2nd week).If at the end u dun want any, the maximum lost is only $80. less than the price of 1GB CF card.
    Last edited by MichaelLee; 8th February 2006 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    buy a dog is a life time commitment. It may be 10 to 13 years.
    dun simply buy on impluse.

I agree with you. That's how many pets end up in SPCA. A spur of emotional moment may ruin a life.

I agree with you. That's how many pets end up in SPCA. A spur of emotional moment may ruin a life.
    the worst one can do..is to give a dog as a gift. In such situation, most of these dogs ended being abandoned.

if a person who really wants a dog, he will rather prefer to go around and search of the puppy he wants. (I have been searching for my rott for more than 15months, visiting breeders, kennel, wait for the mating season and delivery...etc..)

Never buy someone a dog as a gift !!!

? why are you guys advising me? it's haze =.=! i only had pet hermit crabs. hahaha. cheaper and easier to take care of but they just passed away recently too =(.

? why are you guys advising me? it's haze =.=! i only had pet hermit crabs. hahaha. cheaper and easier to take care of but they just passed away recently too =(.

Crabs ??!!?

My crabs just escape ... Arggg!!

Crabs ??!!?

My crabs just escape ... Arggg!!
    ? how your crabs escape man? mine are hermit crabs from www.hahacrabs.com =P . yups they died because they sorta climb outta their shells cant just didn't move when i woke up =(.

it's sometimes good to make some side investments. if you think this dog is good now. you might find a dog you fall in love immediately with 2 weeks later. how about that? so just put a deposite with this dog right now. and just wait patiently and scout for some others at the same time as well.
    U mean i should put $80 deposit.. in the meantime if really find a suitable puppy then treat the $80 as a side investment right?