Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dog Lovers here?

Default Re: Any Dog Lovers here?

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    westie should be ok right
    i want baby and want puppy...

Not too sure, have not done research on Westie. You have to do your studies , and how to train the new puppy.

The reason that we did not choose pom this time round because of possbile newborn kids. Shetland is well known to be able to mix with kids. In fact , my cousin's baby boy love our dog so much (but my dog has not yet gotten use to miniture human) that she shy from him (the dog try to hide away from the baby as the baby is rough). The dog never bites regardless of how the baby disturb her - her temper is extremely mild (never see her bite before in her life)
    Last edited by kitkat; 8th February 2006 at 10:35 AM.

Babies sometimes do not know their own strengths .... they tend to think the dogs are stuff toys ... handling nthem quite roughly. Whenever my baby niece comes to my house, the dogs go hid in my study room under the table ....

I think in this respect, bigger dogs are better with kids and children. And when they are used to the children they are very good with them ...

RGDs

Quote Originally Posted by kitkat
    Not too sure, have not done research on Westie. You have to do your studies , and how to train the new puppy.

The reason that we did not choose pom this time round because of possbile newborn kids. Shetland is well known to be able to mix with kids. In fact , my cousin's baby boy love our dog so much (but my dog has not yet gotten use to miniture human) that she shy from him (the dog try to hide away from the baby as the baby is rough). The dog never bites regardless of how the baby disturb her - her temper is extremely mild (never see her bite before in her life)
    oic.. u are right.. but i lazy to go Border .. will find one day go over..

Quote Originally Posted by Long Thai Bean
    Babies sometimes do not know their own strengths .... they tend to think the dogs are stuff toys ... handling nthem quite roughly. Whenever my baby niece comes to my house, the dogs go hid in my study room under the table ....

I think in this respect, bigger dogs are better with kids and children. And when they are used to the children they are very good with them ...

RGDs
    not really leh.. small dog also is gentle.
    Everytime my brothers and sisters bring their monkeys to my house.. my dogs will hide under the chair.. the kids will pull her out.. she just let them play her -____-... of course i got stand there and "jarga".. tell the kids.. dun poke the eyes dun pull her.. just sayang her .. if the kids dare to bully my dog.. i wil scold them infront of their parent dun care who is the parent ..
    Last edited by Haze; 8th February 2006 at 10:56 AM.

but of course some kids too young to educate.. i will carry my baby as protection:P..

... reminds me of my GR .... he doesn't have a temper too ... only just a "blur" & "huh?" kind of look .... but he's very very shy

not really leh.. small dog also is gentle.
    Everytime my brothers and sisters bring their monkeys to my house.. my dogs will hide under the chair.. the kids will pull her out.. she just let them play her -____-... of course i got stand there and "jarga".. tell the kids.. dun poke the eyes dun pull her.. just sayang her .. if the kids dare to bully my dog.. i wil scold them infront of their parent dun care who is the parent ..
    You got to be careful really ... my yorkshire was not that gentle. He snaps and he cannot stand being teased and played around roughly. Got to consider this first.

If you're looking for a dog which is mild tempered then the westie is not really for you... perhaps the (miniature?( shetland, GR & labrador would be too big ....

but of course some kids too young to educate.. i will carry my baby as protection:P..

My previous pom was fierce... He does not like kids and certain humans. In fact , he chase and bites them. At one time when he was staying with another cousin, the cousin's baby daughter learn from him tolietary (on the newspaper) and eating (from the pet bowl). The baby mum was shock upon this that she sent the pom to my house.

I think for the sake of kids and family, both (children and pet) need to be train/educate since young. We can never be too sure until accidents happen.
    Last edited by kitkat; 8th February 2006 at 11:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    You got to be careful really ... my yorkshire was not that gentle. He snaps and he cannot stand being teased and played around roughly. Got to consider this first.

If you're looking for a dog which is mild tempered then the westie is not really for you... perhaps the (miniature?( shetland, GR & labrador would be too big ....

Hmm ... Shetland got a smaller size suitable for hdb home and kids.
    Last edited by kitkat; 8th February 2006 at 11:16 AM.

Btw , do you guys brush your dog's teeth ? And , are there any good brush or toothpaste (for dogs) ?

... reminds me of my GR .... he doesn't have a temper too ... only just a "blur" & "huh?" kind of look .... but he's very very shy
    wish i can have a GR too.. bring him to dog show ;P

miniature westie???

My previous pom was fierce... He does not like kids and dark skin humans. In fact , he chase and bites them. At one time when he was staying with another cousin, the cousin's baby daughter learn from him tolietary (on the newspaper) and eating (from the pet bowl). The baby mum was shock upon this that she sent the pom to my house.

I think for the sake of kids and family, both (children and pet) need to be train/educate since young. We can never be too sure until accidents happen.
    haha this is funny ;P

aiya make me have 2nd thoughts again.. ~

Hmm ... Shetland got a smaller size suitable for hdb home and kids.
    Yeap .. the minature version.

miniature westie???
    don't have miniature westie lar ... mine already is 1 fat ball of fur - parents feed her titbits too much

haha this is funny ;P

He is trained to snap at certain pple , unfortunately I am not too sure how it evolves to snapping at kids.

The pom to us at that time of training , is a pet and a tool (a tool as in for guarding against certain neighbour) and watchdog against frequent burglars / strangers around our area. We ensure that he is very clear of his responsibilities and obligations in his house.
    Last edited by kitkat; 8th February 2006 at 11:48 AM.

He is trained to snap at certain pple , unfortunately I am not too sure how it evolves to snapping at kids.

The pom to us at that time of training , is a pet and a tool (a tool as in for guarding against certain neighbour) and watchdog against frequent burglars / strangers around our area
    so envy u guys can talk about ur dogs -____-

so envy u guys can talk about ur dogs -____-

But really , once i move out of the house, likely i will not rear a dog anymore.

But really , once i move out of the house, likely i will not rear a dog anymore.
    whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy
    dog is so lovely

Page 13 of 48 FirstFirst ... 381112131415182338 ... LastLast