Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast

Thread: Any Dog Lovers here?

Default Re: Any Dog Lovers here?

Quote Originally Posted by Haze
    wow.. i stay at HDB.. lend me ur westie lor can :P... for weekend
    Westie cannot live w/o my mom ... and she depends alot on my GR .. so they come and go as a pair

one thing I dun like in singapore, due to its limit of HDB size and other restriction (i assume most stay in HDB), the variety of dog I come across are mostly small breed and toy dog.

seldom see a working group breed in Singapore, most common found are only GSD.

they are lots of dog show..but mostly championshipshow. to judge the dog mostly on the physical appearance.

correct me if I am wrong.

I actally dont like the idea of breeding dogs for thier apperences. While is is acceptable (although still questionable) to do selective breeding to prevent bad genes (like those that cayse dogs to have weak hips...etc) certain dog breeds have in-breeded so much that they end up having a very long lost of potential problems...
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Quote Originally Posted by raptor84
    I actally dont like the idea of breeding dogs for thier apperences. While is is acceptable (although still questionable) to do selective breeding to prevent bad genes (like those that cayse dogs to have weak hips...etc) certain dog breeds have in-breeded so much that they end up having a very long lost of potential problems...
    this is what alot of people doing. U have a male maltese, great. I have a female maltese.
    lets breed for next generation..share share profit if we can sell for some $ to recover the cost that we bought our dog.

u dun know the pedigree..and the dog history. U have not much experince taken care of a pregnant dog, and new born puppies. Not sure about checking the healthy condition...

For me..these people are as bad as those backyard breeder.

I regret If my statement had offended any one here..

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Hi, What time is the show? Any websites?
    I not sure if have website thou.. i copy the brief details from doggie forum

There state 9-6pm

Quote Originally Posted by dEthANGeL
    Westie cannot live w/o my mom ... and she depends alot on my GR .. so they come and go as a pair
    oh really.. then i go visit them lor.. where u stay :P near redhill or not

Quote Originally Posted by wong_se
    one thing I dun like in singapore, due to its limit of HDB size and other restriction (i assume most stay in HDB), the variety of dog I come across are mostly small breed and toy dog.

seldom see a working group breed in Singapore, most common found are only GSD.

they are lots of dog show..but mostly championshipshow. to judge the dog mostly on the physical appearance.

correct me if I am wrong.
    working dog? is it those dog do police work?

Hi, here is my 11-month old Japanese Spitz boy. His name is Cory.

Quote Originally Posted by icarus
    Hi, What time is the show? Any websites?
    This Sunday 9am-6pm, at Singapore Expo hall 5, $5 per adult, furkids FOC.

working dog? is it those dog do police work?
    working group breed...not working dog.

breed like, St Bernard , doberman, rottweiler, GSD, GREAT DANE, boxer, mastiff, huskies, Dogo Argentino etc.

oh really.. then i go visit them lor.. where u stay :P near redhill or not
    i stay in the east

Thanks for the headsup Amigo ... i'll be there

this is what alot of people doing. U have a male maltese, great. I have a female maltese.
    lets breed for next generation..share share profit if we can sell for some $ to recover the cost that we bought our dog.

u dun know the pedigree..and the dog history. U have not much experince taken care of a pregnant dog, and new born puppies. Not sure about checking the healthy condition...

For me..these people are as bad as those backyard breeder.

I regret If my statement had offended any one here..
    sound quite right too... but some dog owner just dun have those knowledge.. this same apply to human.

this few weeks, my husband company me to quite a few home to see puppies. We are shocked that actually so many ppl selling puppies from home mostly because their dogs give birth. My husband told me why not we get a pair so can earn some extra cash to take care of the dogs. Then i look at him.. he think liao said better not.. later u dun want sell want to keep all .. then really faint.
    I think for me, i really will keep the puppies because 1st- i just can't bear sell or give to stranger unless i know him/her very well and most important as a woman i can do feel the mummy dog will be very sad if her babies was given away

i stay in the east
    east is where.. near Toa Payoh?

working group breed...not working dog.

breed like, St Bernard , doberman, rottweiler, GSD, GREAT DANE, boxer, mastiff, huskies, Dogo Argentino etc.
    sorry. But why are those name Working Group???

east is where.. near Toa Payoh?
    .. Bedok

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo
    Hi, here is my 11-month old Japanese Spitz boy. His name is Cory.

This Sunday 9am-6pm, at Singapore Expo hall 5, $5 per adult, furkids FOC.
    I cannot see here... go home see ur doggie pic

Thanks for the headsup Amigo ... i'll be there
    Hey, no prob. nice to talk to you again, Dethangel. I'm not sure will go there or not. Went there few months ago in late afternoon, the smell.... cannot tahan. Now I'm 5-mth pregnant, very much wanna bring my boy there for the 1st time, but think of the smell... see how la...

sound quite right too... but some dog owner just dun have those knowledge.. this same apply to human.

this few weeks, my husband company me to quite a few home to see puppies. We are shocked that actually so many ppl selling puppies from home mostly because their dogs give birth. My husband told me why not we get a pair so can earn some extra cash to take care of the dogs. Then i look at him.. he think liao said better not.. later u dun want sell want to keep all .. then really faint.
    I think for me, i really will keep the puppies because 1st- i just can't bear sell or give to stranger unless i know him/her very well and most important as a woman i can do feel the mummy dog will be very sad if her babies was given away
    most of these people are no different to backyard breeder. just that backyard breeder do it in mass production, and the home breeder do it in much smaller volume.

sorry. But why are those name Working Group???
    these breeds are meant to work....ie..huskies is to pull the whatever that travelled luggage in the snow country...

rottweiler is to fight during roman time, and then help to look after the cattle...etc....etc..

and they normally come in big size.

Quote Originally Posted by Amigo
    Hey, no prob. nice to talk to you again, Dethangel. I'm not sure will go there or not. Went there few months ago in late afternoon, the smell.... cannot tahan. Now I'm 5-mth pregnant, very much wanna bring my boy there for the 1st time, but think of the smell... see how la...
    After cleaning kennels during NS time i immune to the smell laio
    Furry Photos - Photography for the Modern Pet

Page 10 of 48 FirstFirst ... 589101112152035 ... LastLast