Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 26

Thread: What tripod next?

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default What tripod next?

    Any lumixers here can recommend me any good tripods Think im gonna spend alittle bit more on a good tripod like slik or [insert a branded tripod brand here] for the long term...

    So, any suggestions?

    My current tripod is starting to drive me insane...

  2. #2
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    AMK
    Posts
    915

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    Any lumixers here can recommend me any good tripods Think im gonna spend alittle bit more on a good tripod like slik or [insert a branded tripod brand here] for the long term...

    So, any suggestions?

    My current tripod is starting to drive me insane...
    slik sprint pro - lightweight
    manfrotto - heavy and sturdy

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    i think i'll stick to slik since its around my price range... manfrotto's are pretty expensive...

    can ya guys like er...include the price as well? im looking for one thats around $150 or around there..the lesser the better!

  4. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ang Mo Kio
    Posts
    1,325

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Manfrotto 190ProB... look for 2nd hand selling in B&S. Around that price also. =)
    incywincyspider climbup the waterspout...

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    hmm i'll try looking for first hand ones for now..heh. will try b&s soon.

  6. #6
    Member hongjone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    1,272

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    I'm sure most people would have bought one which is affordable at that time, and then want to upgrade it at a later time. Me too was in this situation. Buy this, sell this, and buy again, and sell again. Untill I bought my gitzo, and had kept using it till now. No complains. Perhaps, you might want to get a better one just in case you'll be upgrading your camera soon.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    hi Me, wad knid of price range r u looking at?

    IMO, Slik is d best value 4 $$$ if ur budget is under $170. check http://www.thkphoto.com/products/slik/index.html out 4 all d specs.

    jus dun get d "U" series, ttz not really an upgrade IMO. i recommend d Pro / Professional series.

  8. #8

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Quote Originally Posted by hongjone
    I'm sure most people would have bought one which is affordable at that time, and then want to upgrade it at a later time. Me too was in this situation. Buy this, sell this, and buy again, and sell again. Untill I bought my gitzo, and had kept using it till now. No complains. Perhaps, you might want to get a better one just in case you'll be upgrading your camera soon.
    Well Said. Gone thru that path of life too. The buying NEVER ends
    My standard not so high, manfrotto can liao..... emmm

  9. #9
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    and to add a new saying by myself as i noticed it happens most of the time...

    "good heavy and sturdy tripod are meant for local use while light weight tripod are for overseas use"
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    thanks for the replies.

    i was comparing between slik and manfrotto and it indeed looks like manfrotto has a better build that slik, not to mean that slik isnt good la, they are...

    i was thinking of something of either one of the models from 330dx to 400dx. was trying to look for a good/moderately priced manfrotto tripod but havent found any yet...

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    1,392

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator
    and to add a new saying by myself as i noticed it happens most of the time...

    "good heavy and sturdy tripod are meant for local use while light weight tripod are for overseas use"
    bro,
    well say
    so does camera.....................

  12. #12
    Senior Member dominator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Amazon Forest
    Posts
    1,662

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Quote Originally Posted by FZ5owner
    bro,
    well say
    so does camera.....................
    then buy U&T camera. useD and throw
    just keep the film.
    Cleanse your thoughts, not by the foods you eat.

  13. #13
    Member
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    1,392

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    thanks for the replies.

    i was comparing between slik and manfrotto and it indeed looks like manfrotto has a better build that slik, not to mean that slik isnt good la, they are...

    i was thinking of something of either one of the models from 330dx to 400dx. was trying to look for a good/moderately priced manfrotto tripod but havent found any yet...
    check up this n B&S......
    http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=177020

  14. #14

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Hi metallilan,

    The slik sprint pro is a good tripod for FZ-5 uses. Very portable and stable enough for most situations.

  15. #15

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Quote Originally Posted by Josephteo548
    Hi metallilan,

    The slik sprint pro is a good tripod for FZ-5 uses. Very portable and stable enough for most situations.
    FZ-20 users here..

    also using the SLIK SPRINT PRO.. can tahan my cam with flash also..
    Stress Man @ work... :bigeyes:

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    2,866

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    i managed to get prices for them slik tripods...now i narrowed it down to either the 330dx or 340 dx...

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    SGee
    Posts
    1,572

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator
    and to add a new saying by myself as i noticed it happens most of the time...

    "good heavy and sturdy tripod are meant for local use while light weight tripod are for overseas use"
    in my case, my heavy (2.5kg) tripod is going overseas w/ me!!

    my table-top tripod follow suite...

    not tt i can afford go back reshoot nx time...

  18. #18

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    Quote Originally Posted by dominator
    "good heavy and sturdy tripod are meant for local use while light weight tripod are for overseas use"
    For me, good heavy and sturdy tripods are meant for heavy gear.

    While light weight tripods are meant for light gear.

    I dread to imagine what would happen if my heavy gear are mounted on a light weight tripod while I am overseas.

  19. #19
    Senior Member josho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Jln Teck Whye
    Posts
    2,110

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    I agree with what student had mentioned.

    Basically all Pana cam arent that heavy. Unless U really see urself moving into heavy camera stage then you may pour the money on good sturdy tripod. For a start, you may use manfrotto with a ball head. This is what Im using though, of course for heavy equipment though.

    The buy buy buy virus is bound to have but look far and think properly before you get. Buy what you think it fit for ur usage.

    Just my 2cent worth.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NTU and Wdls
    Posts
    2,622

    Default Re: What tripod next?

    lol get a slik sprint pro! it's light, it's strong, good for wacking people on MRT trains when they don't give way. on top of that I really recommend getting a manfrotto quick release.
    A new SSP = $85
    A quick release = $30
    well within your budget. LOL manfrotto good, coz can use your quick release plate on other pple's tripod if need.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •