Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Which Laptop is good for image editing?

Default Re: Which Laptop is good for image editing?

Quote Originally Posted by metallilan
    hmm. i dont think acer got docking station ar.. im also using acer.. whats your model? mine is the quite outdated[cuz now got dual core laptop] aspire 5502wxmi..but can still see the newer updated models at other stores..
    Actually it does, posted by a CSer earlier.

I am not a Acerier yet, but I am considering to purchase the latest from 5670 series.

Quote Originally Posted by Slivester
    Actually it does, posted by a CSer earlier.

I am not a Acerier yet, but I am considering to purchase the latest from 5670 series.
    oOo..try getting the dual core acer's...they look really classy

there are external SATA housing for Sata harddisk..
    regular external harddisk is USB/firewire. which is 480/400/800Mbps.

with PCMCIA sata. you connect to a external SATA housing with a sata harddisk inside. that way you fully use the 1.5G/3Gb interface. with SATA connection external harddisk house, options are little. there are only a very few brands to go for. But the advantage is that you have rankmount them. this method is almost enterprise solution already. with PCMCIA SATA, you can connect up to 6 harddisk. I have seen a housing that allows 3 harddisk per housing.

if you want cheap then the answer is acer, but if you want a more complete solution, I believe HP would be ideal. i believe IBM is good too. but it's has little to no product design. almost as if it's meant for engineers. IBM also dont have the window key. ALL of the thinkpads if i recall.

note: ALWAYS get a matte screen. if the acer you are getting is gloss. dont even think about it. the gamut range of glossy screen is smaller than those of matte screens. hence the reason why matte screens are more expensive. true that you may connect to a external screen. but when you are in field, you would want to consider the better screen. for me, i shoot tethering almost religiously. so laptop screen is quite important for me too.
    Last edited by anka; 18th February 2006 at 01:10 AM.

yeah...the other time was using someone's IBM (or rather Lenovo now)...spent some time looking for windows key that wasn't there...but they are very well built...

donno if anyone has used Panasonics but their shock resistant laptops with good battery life look attractive as well...

HP in a sense, from what I experienced, is built solely for high-end usage on models that I desire - those that meets the specification I am looking for. I have used more than 3 different models of HP notebooks in the past 5 years in school, and I knew roughly what HP can deliver. I am very addicted to the design trend of HP, but reviewing the price and compare it to Lenovo or Acer, I find them more practical, since I am probably need lots of mobility and I will not want to invest too much in a high-end system that rival companies can provide at a lower pricetag.

So yes, I am still sticking with Acer, the Core Duo 5670 series, I will be trying it out soon at a showroom.

Quote Originally Posted by anka
    there are external SATA housing for Sata harddisk..
    regular external harddisk is USB/firewire. which is 480/400/800Mbps.

with PCMCIA sata. you connect to a external SATA housing with a sata harddisk inside. that way you fully use the 1.5G/3Gb interface. with SATA connection external harddisk house, options are little. there are only a very few brands to go for. But the advantage is that you have rankmount them. this method is almost enterprise solution already. with PCMCIA SATA, you can connect up to 6 harddisk. I have seen a housing that allows 3 harddisk per housing.

if you want cheap then the answer is acer, but if you want a more complete solution, I believe HP would be ideal. i believe IBM is good too. but it's has little to no product design. almost as if it's meant for engineers. IBM also dont have the window key. ALL of the thinkpads if i recall.

note: ALWAYS get a matte screen. if the acer you are getting is gloss. dont even think about it. the gamut range of glossy screen is smaller than those of matte screens. hence the reason why matte screens are more expensive. true that you may connect to a external screen. but when you are in field, you would want to consider the better screen. for me, i shoot tethering almost religiously. so laptop screen is quite important for me too.
    Alright, thanks for all these informations!

get a Dell

Using my 15.4" D800 with 1GB ram for nearly two years now...very happy with the screen and performance.

For ultimate PS work, a desktop is still better...
    DR KOH KHO KING

new HP laptop nx9420

17" 1920x1200
    T2600 dual 2.13Ghz
    4Gb ram
    x1600

http://h10010.www1.hp.com/wwpc/us/en...1-1839153.html

I just made my order online.
    uses the same magnesium structural frame as my current nw8240.
    with new external EJ092AA battery. the laptop last for 20 hours.

lol...get a Mac...
    if my camera is there at the right moment, click, all I have to do is accept it.
    -edouard boubat

Quote Originally Posted by Patryk
    lol...get a Mac...
    ya.. get a mac if you want style.. but if want cheap and good.. and only SGD$3500 for nx9420. cheaper by $1k to the mac. a pity mac duo maxes out at 2.5Gb ram only.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234