Thread: Shattered.

Default Shattered.

Ubi dubium, ibi libertas.

Comments most welcome.

Default Re: Shattered.

I actually like the pictures, and I will leave it to more qualified persons to comment on the technical aspects of your shots, but for me, the title doesn't quite fit. For me, shattered is much more dramatic, and I find the emotion portrayed by your shots as being fairly subdued. If you had dropped the vase on the floor, and took a photo with the pieces lying all over the place, ahh.... to me that is shattered. Or if your timing damn good, if you could capture the vase at the moment it hits the floor, and the pieces are flying apart... that would be fantastic. But I think you probably would need a few dozen vases to get that one perfect shot.

hah okay agreed, the title stinks... couldnt think of another title, maybe u wanna give it a go?

actually i broke nothing, i was at my friend's pottery worshop and well lets just say these were his less fortunate pieces hah.

Like the mood you set. Think #1 is best of the lot, good play of DOF and contrast between the sharp edges of the pottery (main subject) and the roundness of the "moulder" (ya know that round thing in the bg that turns the clay). Could be better if the two plastic containers in the background is not there to cause a slight distraction from the main subject. The other 2 looks a little OOF and plain. Just mi two cents worth
    Sony F828, Alpha 100, 18-200mm/f3.5-6.3, 50mm/f1.4, 20mm/f2.8 n 16-80mm CZ lens
    My Blog Site

Smile Re: Shattered.

that's a potting wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Rui
    Like the mood you set. Think #1 is best of the lot, good play of DOF and contrast between the sharp edges of the pottery (main subject) and the roundness of the "moulder" (ya know that round thing in the bg that turns the clay). Could be better if the two plastic containers in the background is not there to cause a slight distraction from the main subject. The other 2 looks a little OOF and plain. Just mi two cents worth

Thanks for enlightening me reachme2003!
    Sony F828, Alpha 100, 18-200mm/f3.5-6.3, 50mm/f1.4, 20mm/f2.8 n 16-80mm CZ lens
    My Blog Site

wooh! this is so cool, 1st time any of my posts have incited side conversations. so cool!

1st pic's the best, but should have removed the 2 plastic (?) containers in the background, and have the edge of the table surface levelled.

i realise that CS folks demand neatness in photo composition.

i guess i didnt move ard things in my friend's workshop while taking the pictures cos, i want my viewers to realise that it was.... a workshop, belonging to a rather messy potter.

u see the pictures of the broken bits and all... they'er taken rite where he left them. felt it was a better feel for the subjects to be surrounded by its' creator's element.

hah oh and PS i know the 2nd and 3rd pic are horridly out of foucs, but somehow felt the need to treat them and post them up with the 1st, very sharp, picture. didnt quite feel like it flowed. if u think otherwise pls let me and i'll post up the 1st picture individually and we can all have a go at seeing what it feels like looking at it individually.

look forward to more comments, i'm here to but learn... so folks teach me my wrongs

once again, thanks loads to all for viewing my work.