Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Megapixel vs print size

Default Re: Megapixel vs print size

mass = density x volume
    megapixels (6Mp, 8 Mp, etc) = dpi x print area (A4, A3, etc)
    Last edited by user111; 5th February 2006 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    I can view my A3 from 30cm to 5m quality looks nearly identicle to me, i seriously think no problem printing 3008x2000 at A3, quality is fine, but if your not sure just go have some prints done, its only going to cost like $15, print one at A4 and one at A3 size, then you will know what the quality is like!!!
    I think I did an A3 poster print with a 2MP image before on inkjet. Granted, the image didn't cover the full A3 size (it was around 75% coverage), and it was a background watermark image for a poster with words, but personally I was pretty satisfied with the results.

Can understand your concern when you are going to spend a substantial amount on a print...

Quote Originally Posted by Ah Pao
    I think I did an A3 poster print with a 2MP image before on inkjet. Granted, the image didn't cover the full A3 size (it was around 75% coverage), and it was a background watermark image for a poster with words, but personally I was pretty satisfied with the results.

Can understand your concern when you are going to spend a substantial amount on a print...
    sorry, i dont really have a concern when it comes to printing, i meant just go and try, it will only cost $15 and you will know how good the quality is.

Quote Originally Posted by user111
    mass = density x volume
    megapixels (6Mp, 8 Mp, etc) = dpi x print area (A4, A3, etc)
    to rephrase in another manner,
    total no. of dots of the whole picture = dots per unit area x overall area of picture

Quote Originally Posted by wildstallion
    sorry, i dont really have a concern when it comes to printing, i meant just go and try, it will only cost $15 and you will know how good the quality is.
    Well, sorry, that was directed to the OP. $15 can be peanuts to some, and it can be quite substantial to others.
    Last edited by Ah Pao; 8th February 2006 at 12:58 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12