Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ez-link $1.90 Cap

JaDe
    Guests

Hahaha...bus sick's bad enuff

ok, I just called up and I think this should clarify the issue

the problem is that they are running the system at 1/2 steam now, full implementation of the system will be around next year

so what we have now is this

- as long as your whole journey takes more than 1 bus, the maximum you need to pay is $1.90.

- transfers for the buses must be withing 30 mins.

- the "magic moment" only last up to 2 hours.... so you can't just pay $1.90 and travel all over singapore for 1 day.

- the maximum number of buses you can take by just paying $1.90 is 4

when the system is fully running

- you can take any number of buses for $1.90

- not sure about the time limit though, but I think that shold be a small matter now.

To simplyfy the whole thing is this,

you just need to pay up to a MAXIMUM of $1.90 for travelling on SBS buses for up to 2 hours.
    36frames Wedding Photography - http://www.36frames.com
    rueyloon - http://www.rueyloon.com

JaDe
    Guests

Tat is way cool...
    very much useful~
    Tatz 4 adult fare right ?
    Hahaha

MingGuan
    Guests

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Ez-link $1.90 Cap

Hi,

Regards to e_liau and Wai message, they mentioned that the automatic $1.90 cap is based on up to 4 SBS bus rides (3 valid transfers). They're right.

It means that as long as you made at least 1 transfer on SBS buses, SBS will still cap the total fare at $1.90. For example, if Ali want to go from point A to point B and take 3 SBS buses;
    Bus 1 - $1.00
    Bus 2 - $1.00
    Bus 3 - $1.00
    But due to the cap, the system only cut $1.90 for the total journey instead of $3 (not including transfer rebates).

However, things will get complicated when say, Ali takes up to 5 buses or 4 transfers, then for the 5th bus journey, he needs to go to TransitLink office to get the rebate. This is because the current automatic fare detection is only applicable up to a maximum of 4 bus rides per journey.

Note only truck and feeder SBS buses are applicable on this scheme. Express service are not applicable.

Hey, not all systems are prefect..

Thanks e_liau and wai for keeping us informed in this forum

MingGuan
    Guests

Oophs, thanks Rueyloon. Post my message without knowing there's a 2nd page to this forum, thus missed your clarification message. Me New member lah, pardon me.

Originally posted by rueyloon
    ok, I just called up and I think this should clarify the issue

the problem is that they are running the system at 1/2 steam now, full implementation of the system will be around next year

so what we have now is this

- as long as your whole journey takes more than 1 bus, the maximum you need to pay is $1.90.

- transfers for the buses must be withing 30 mins.

- the "magic moment" only last up to 2 hours.... so you can't just pay $1.90 and travel all over singapore for 1 day.

- the maximum number of buses you can take by just paying $1.90 is 4

when the system is fully running

- you can take any number of buses for $1.90

- not sure about the time limit though, but I think that shold be a small matter now.

To simplyfy the whole thing is this,

you just need to pay up to a MAXIMUM of $1.90 for travelling on SBS buses for up to 2 hours.

Just becareful and watch what u say...BIG BROTHER is always watching in forums like these...

JaDe
    Guests

OpPz...~

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12