Thread: A question for Macro masters..

Default A question for Macro masters..

hey there..

i have a question regading macro. is Flash a must? a bounce card too? i mean if the subject is hiding in a corner, most definitely. but what if the subject is exposed to the light, isit still a must?

if so, what flashes do u use? or what flashes do u recommend?

TIA!

Default Re: A question for Macro masters..

Quote Originally Posted by niki
    hey there..

i have a question regading macro. is Flash a must? a bounce card too? i mean if the subject is hiding in a corner, most definitely. but what if the subject is exposed to the light, isit still a must?

if so, what flashes do u use? or what flashes do u recommend?

TIA!
    Hi,
    i'm not the macro master here, but i believe flash is a must for fill in, even when the subject is exposed to light. Defused the flash, omnibounce etc etc.....yep! problem is the subject is very near to the flash, to harsh.....so what i normally do is - the flash output ( - fec in canon system) Master macro please correct me. Thanks

Just my 2 cents

Blog Entries

not a must, but useful to bring out the details - fill in

best flash to get is a macro flash

oh... btw i am not a master as well

can always try asking panasonic's resident macro master tchuanye, his site is http://tchuanye.smugmug.com/. great guy, gives lots of advises.

how to bounce in marco(field)?? the area tt ur working with is so small so ur flash must be placed in the correct positions(as in not camera mounted and triggered remotely) which is very hard if u did not stage ur shot(like when in the field). marco ring flash does wat its supposed to do. u can use ur speedlite to some extent by handholding it to properly illuminate the subject and use ur built-in flash/wireless cmd to trigger it

if you think the built in camera flash is too strong then just use a piece of paper or cloth to diffuse the light. there have been some occasions that my on camera flash was useful for taking some macro-shots...

thanks for the inputs.. really glad that ortega replied.. i am always oogling at his macro shots.. wahaha.. i think theres also eikin.. hehe..