Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Guess which soft filter?

Default Re: Guess which soft filter?

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    I think he probably meant literally shooting it out of focus. :P Actually, I personally like the effect which Soft-1 gives, I was just experimenting with defocusing during exposure and after I got this soft effect then I recalled hearing about this technique quite a number of years back. It might be Olympus or Pentax who have implemented it in one of their AF film SLR bodies then.
    Minolta implemented this feature in the "Fantasy" custom effect card for their Dynax i/xi series.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Minolta implemented this feature in the "Fantasy" custom effect card for their Dynax i/xi series.
    Ah.. So it was Minolta then. I was trying to find information on it over the web but just couldn't find it. I only managed to find Canon's way of doing it which is taking 2 exposures in quick succession, one in focus and one out of focus.

Quote Originally Posted by lsisaxon
    Ah.. So it was Minolta then. I was trying to find information on it over the web but just couldn't find it. I only managed to find Canon's way of doing it which is taking 2 exposures in quick succession, one in focus and one out of focus.
    Minolta implemented both ways in their custom card as 2 separate modes:
    1. Shifting focus during slow exposure
    2. Double exposures with varied focus.

I had the card, so I remember it well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerstorer
    Minolta implemented both ways in their custom card as 2 separate modes:
    1. Shifting focus during slow exposure
    2. Double exposures with varied focus.

I had the card, so I remember it well.
    Ahh.. No wonder.. I'm not a Minolta person so I only heard about it like so long ago. :P But I think it works well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12