Thread: Netted Sky

Question Netted Sky

Like a Bird, Caught in a Net.
    The Sky, so near yet so far..

First submission, a piece of sky taken back from HK.
    Hope you guys can give some comments
    thx =)

Default Re: Netted Sky

I don't see the significance... your explanation doesn't help.

Its just sky with a bunch of wires cris-crossed. Period.

P.S. If you want to create a feeling of entrapment, you need something that looks like a net, or a device that restrains... could be bars or some architectural feature that's over-bearing. Your wires don't look remotely like a net, or conjure feelings of being restrained.

Question Re: Netted Sky

Orh i see...

but well.. I can shoot the sky under a net like structure but thats not my point...

I took this picture cos in HK there's tram and these wires run across the island. Already there isn't many open spaces in HK. Thats why I always look up into the sky and told myself I need to fly out of this net and find my endless blue.

Haiz, well but ya totally understand and agree with what you've said. Just tt I have emotional feelings with the trams tts why. Thank for the valuable comment. I'll try harder next time =)

Ok I get what you're trying to show.

What you can do is to choose a busy intersection of these wires, choose a wide angle lens, and capture it from an angle instead of directly under. This way, you show a bigger network of wires which will help convey (hopefully) a feeling of being restrained.

Main problem is that by zooming in, you only capture a small area, with huge gaps in between.

a shot like this with buildings on both sides would add to the trapped effect.
    Many are culled, few are chosen