Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just now saw a person with a 500mm F/4 in the zoo.

Default Re: Just now saw a person with a 500mm F/4 in the zoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    unless someone can make the value of USD drop... and its a hassle to buy a hotdog for $100USD...
    Sing dollar is very strong versus the US dollar now. I am thinking of going into the US stock market.

Quote Originally Posted by fWord
    Sing dollar is very strong versus the US dollar now. I am thinking of going into the US stock market.
    go go go, after make many $ buy EF 1200mm and we all can try out.

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    go go go, after make many $ buy EF 1200mm and we all can try out.
    Heheh...I will need to make A LOT of money in the stock market to even warrant buying that. Some of my current profits are already going towards getting a long telephoto, and yet, I still have to top up some.

Ahhhh~~~ but will u UTILISE IT? Do u NEED IT?

Go Zoo shoot peektures, see animals, see girls, enjoy nature. U go there see equipment?

I think u'll die in orgasmic pleasure if u go to African Safari and see some of those awesome stuff the Nat' Geo chaps use.
    "Wonders of the Human Mind. Unfathomable to the highest degree."

Quote Originally Posted by jsbn

Go Zoo shoot peektures, see animals, see girls, enjoy nature. U go there see equipment?

I think u'll die in orgasmic pleasure if u go to African Safari and see some of those awesome stuff the Nat' Geo chaps use.
    I like the part about seeing girls. I think more time was spent doing this at Disneyland some years ago, rather than taking the rides. Those things are not for me and tend to land me up really nauseus and green in the face.

Hmm... Theme park rides. Ain't we have these stuff here in our little island? Wazzup with this Disneyland thing anyway that so many ppl are crazy abt?

Hmm... Theme park rides. Ain't we have these stuff here in our little island? Wazzup with this Disneyland thing anyway that so many ppl are crazy abt?
    We have the rides here as well, but they are probably nowhere near as nice as those in Disney. Not to mention that there's this strange aura in Disneyland that makes you relax and feel a little happier.

It feels like a very safe place as well after being through places with the likes of New York and even San Francisco. It's very clean, you'll feel like a king/ queen, but unfortunately you'll land up spending as much as one. During the last trip there I spent heaps on those collectible badges and pins. A lot of people wear these pins on a lanyard around their neck, and a lot of people bump into each other, make small chat and then exchange badges.

Then not to forget the collectible cell-prints. Even till today, I can't say if it was an impulse buy. However, I liked it then and I still like it now.

When I go Zoo, I always peek at other people's gear, to see if their lens is longer than mine, just like I peek at the chap next to me at the urinal to compare size....
    I love big car, big house, big lenses, but small apertures.

We have the rides here as well, but they are probably nowhere near as nice as those in Disney.
    Really, where is it? Is it a large theme park with many things? I was told there is none here in SG.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    When I go Zoo, I always peek at other people's gear, to see if their lens is longer than mine, just like I peek at the chap next to me at the urinal to compare size....
    Good that you're brave enough to mention this. People are inclined to think that we're purely equipment freaks when we go woo and wah over other people's gear. Truth be told, if you're out taking photos and someone else waltzes up next to you with a big gun, MOST people will turn their heads to look, not just photographers.

Plenty of other things turn our heads...both women and men are attracted by certain traits of the other side. Sometimes the same side, but I shall not go into that.

Quote Originally Posted by dRebelXT
    Really, where is it? Is it a large theme park with many things? I was told there is none here in SG.
    There should be one in Sentosa. Close to home, you'd probably also want to try some of them in Malaysia. I'm not a fan of theme parks though. I like it quiet. In terms of photography, I'd much prefer to be at the zoo or in Sungei Buloh than trying to take photos in the city. People always give me the stares and make me sweat. As if I weren't already sweating enough in this kind of weather.

Quote Originally Posted by smallaperture
    It might help more if u wiggle ur eyebrows at him and whistle a little when u're looking down to ya partner beside the urinal....

We have the rides here as well, but they are probably nowhere near as nice as those in Disney. Not to mention that there's this strange aura in Disneyland that makes you relax and feel a little happier.

It feels like a very safe place as well after being through places with the likes of New York and even San Francisco. It's very clean, you'll feel like a king/ queen, but unfortunately you'll land up spending as much as one. During the last trip there I spent heaps on those collectible badges and pins. A lot of people wear these pins on a lanyard around their neck, and a lot of people bump into each other, make small chat and then exchange badges.

Then not to forget the collectible cell-prints. Even till today, I can't say if it was an impulse buy. However, I liked it then and I still like it now.
    Hmm.... Izzit really THAT 'magical'?

I'm not all into theme parks and stuff like dat when I'm overseas (much to the chargin' of my travel mate). Prolly I'll give it a go next time round. See how 'magical' is this 'magical' thing.

Hmm.... Izzit really THAT 'magical'?

I'm not all into theme parks and stuff like dat when I'm overseas (much to the chargin' of my travel mate). Prolly I'll give it a go next time round. See how 'magical' is this 'magical' thing.
    Well, it affects people differently. I didn't have a swell time either when I was there, since all this rides and noise + people wasn't my thing. However, I at least felt happy. And I felt remarkably safe. If I were in New York, I'd be clinging to my wallet. And if I don't cling to my head, I'm pretty sure it'll be gone as well.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12