Thread: E300 self timer

Default E300 self timer

I've been following the instructions on how to operate the self timer for my E300. It seems without success as each time I release the shtter, it just click with no self timer operations. Any idea or perhaps steps that I've missed out??

TIA
    cheers

Default Re: E300 self timer

mine works fine....
    here's how i go about setting self-timer.

Menu ---> Drive ---> self-timer (4 th from top) ---> 2/12 second----> OK

den just press the shutter button...

Quote Originally Posted by hammer_400
    mine works fine....
    here's how i go about setting self-timer.

Menu ---> Drive ---> self-timer (4 th from top) ---> 2/12 second----> OK

den just press the shutter button...
    You have to press ----> OK twice until you exit the menu screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Benng
    You have to press ----> OK twice until you exit the menu screen.
    dont need too. after pressing "ok" to confirm the delay seconds, half-pressing the shutter to exit from main screen.

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2
    dont need too. after pressing "ok" to confirm the delay seconds, half-pressing the shutter to exit from main screen.
    Actually, the Bracket (BKT), Timer, and Remote options are unique in that you HAVE to push OK TWICE...once to set the parameter of the number of frames (BKT) or time, and a second time to actually engage the feature you want to select.

If you were on single frame mode, and then you went to timer, right, 12 seconds, OK, and then pressed Menu or half-pressed the shutter release you will STILL be in single frame mode. (with v1.4 of the firmware) If you had pressed menu button you would have cancelled the selection...if you half-pressed the shutter release you'll find the next time you pressed the Menu button the Drive option is still selected waiting for you to press OK or Menu to cancel.

Again you HAVE to press OK twice.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikefellh
    Actually, the Bracket (BKT), Timer, and Remote options are unique in that you HAVE to push OK TWICE...once to set the parameter of the number of frames (BKT) or time, and a second time to actually engage the feature you want to select.

If you were on single frame mode, and then you went to timer, right, 12 seconds, OK, and then pressed Menu or half-pressed the shutter release you will STILL be in single frame mode. (with v1.4 of the firmware) If you had pressed menu button you would have cancelled the selection...if you half-pressed the shutter release you'll find the next time you pressed the Menu button the Drive option is still selected waiting for you to press OK or Menu to cancel.

Again you HAVE to press OK twice.
    looks like i had skipped that 2-12 secs thingy. was wondering what went wrong yesterday when trying out the rm-1 with e-300. W & T function doesnt seem to work with e-300.

just found out how bracketing works!

Thanks guys, it works but just simply don't understand why I followed the same steps 2 days before it failed?? Probably that day the battery was weak??

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by NMSS_2
    looks like i had skipped that 2-12 secs thingy. was wondering what went wrong yesterday when trying out the rm-1 with e-300. W & T function doesnt seem to work with e-300.
    You mean to trigger bulb mode, no that is a "feature" unique to the E-500 since there's no cable remote option for the E-500. However on the E-300 in order to use the cable remote to trigger the bulb mode, you not only have to buy RM-CB1 cable but you also have to buy the HLD-3 battery-grip which has the connector to accept the RM-CB1 connector.