Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 66

Thread: CPU Problem...

  1. #41
    Deregistered
    Join Date
    Dec 2002
    Location
    Planet Nikon
    Posts
    21,905

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    if hdd boot sector gone hor, u think ghost can help ar?
    Provided they didn't purposely kill the HDD before ghosting lor...

  2. #42
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Provided they didn't purposely kill the HDD before ghosting lor...
    sekali they kapo her hdd, den give her another spoilt 1, since they never see a hp hdd b4...

    /me start to check see got vcd anot...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  3. #43
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    if hdd boot sector gone hor, u think ghost can help ar?
    can reconstruct boot sector or file system manually, but it take time and risky

    "thanks" to norton disk doctor, my file system got corrupted once after scanning, and i got to use hextools to read the data byte by byte, then locate the damn partition table and reconstruct the boot record, in order to recover all my data.

    back in those days, data recover service is hard to get in singapore, but now even vpost also handle data recovery liao

  4. #44
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    can reconstruct boot sector or file system manually, but it take time and risky

    "thanks" to norton disk doctor, my file system got corrupted once after scanning, and i got to use hextools to read the data byte by byte, then locate the damn partition table and reconstruct the boot record, in order to recover all my data.

    back in those days, data recover service is hard to get in singapore, but now even vpost also handle data recovery liao
    use software to do boot sector recovery easier...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  5. #45

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Mum just came home with the CPU....
    Ok, now I'm going to take the old HDD to see can recover not....
    Im going to get those service thingy u guys talking about...
    Have you read IT???

  6. #46
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    use software to do boot sector recovery easier...
    last time where got all these tools to use, but got learn a lot after successfully recover all my data

  7. #47
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    Mum just came home with the CPU....
    Ok, now I'm going to take the old HDD to see can recover not....
    Im going to get those service thingy u guys talking about...
    Put in B&S thread lor. I think can find many collector there since previously use for store 'interesting' picture of yours' may be able to fund you for another com.

  8. #48
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    last time where got all these tools to use, but got learn a lot after successfully recover all my data
    u say until like machiam 80286, 80386 days liddat... heng its only max 100mb rite...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  9. #49
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Put in B&S thread lor. I think can find many collector there since previously use for store 'interesting' picture of yours' may be able to fund you for another com.
    I BID $50
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  10. #50
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    I BID $50
    Must send Benign a PM liao if she start one.

    not forgetting MMs too.
    Last edited by soma; 2nd February 2006 at 06:14 PM.

  11. #51
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    South Pole with Penguin
    Posts
    5,270

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    /me open my HP PC casing

    I saw a Lite-on DVD writer, a western digital hard disk, a Intel network card, an ATI graphic card and Samsung RAM!!

    the only HP label that i can find is on the casing itself.

    Actually this is pretty normal, HP get all these OEM parts to assemble this PC because they dont make all these parts themselves.

    Since you have paid extra for the additonal after sales service, you should have make full use of it and
    brought the PC back to HP. U will get better support and free parts/labour if still under warranty.
    I just open another Dell machine, inside almost nothing...everything from VGA, audio to network all integrated...only thing that i can take out from the CPU is the RAM and hard disk

    no wonder this HP machine so much more expensive

  12. #52
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Wai
    I just open another Dell machine, inside almost nothing...everything from VGA, audio to network all integrated...only thing that i can take out from the CPU is the RAM and hard disk

    no wonder this HP machine so much more expensive
    its just 1 Dimension mah... u open 3 Dimension... maybe got more...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  13. #53

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by Del_CtrlnoAlt
    u say until like machiam 80286, 80386 days liddat... heng its only max 100mb rite...
    still got those 60086 meh ?? ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  14. #54
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Outside the Dry Box.
    Posts
    16,268

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    still got those 60086 meh ?? ...
    got 60086 in the 1st place meh?

    i only know got 0079, 0080, 0083...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

  15. #55
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    still got those 60086 meh ?? ...
    wa got so high speed meh..


  16. #56

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    wa got so high speed meh..

    Apple wan mah ... laggy high speed .. IIRC I used to connect wires to wires ....
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

  17. #57
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Apple wan mah ... laggy high speed .. IIRC I used to connect wires to wires ....
    .........

  18. #58

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Put in B&S thread lor. I think can find many collector there since previously use for store 'interesting' picture of yours' may be able to fund you for another com.
    I dont quite understand what you are talking about.... Why should I sell my pics?
    Have you read IT???

  19. #59
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Local
    Posts
    1,609

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    I dont quite understand what you are talking about.... Why should I sell my pics?
    Sell your damage Hdd with the possible picture inside. Already got a $50 bid liao.

  20. #60

    Default Re: CPU Problem...

    Quote Originally Posted by soma
    Sell your damage Hdd with the possible picture inside. Already got a $50 bid liao.
    Hahahaa very "funny"... but i have no need of that... I wan my photos back mannz!
    Have you read IT???

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •