Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: CPU Problem...

Default Re: CPU Problem...

SLS? good luck. ppl there will mostly say this spoilt that spoilt then ask yuo buy this new buy that new.

Deregistered

Quote Originally Posted by lil_princess
    Haha... Didnt go online, busy with visiting relatives and friends collect hongbaos and enjoying myself outside (its my sch vacation now).... how to see my thread. I never disappear... But thanks for all the suggestions.

When I saw alechim's suggestion that day, I told my dad to use Singer oil. He removed the button for me and put the oil, but no it didnt work!

When I came home yesterday, I saw that the CPU is not at home already, I thought my mum brought it to HP to repair or what. End up she called me to tell me she's in SLS, in her friend's son's friend's shop. She said that the person said that there was a power shock or something, and got virus... Trying to retrieve all my stuff in the hard disk. If really cant retrieve, have to get a new hard disk.

Mine's a HP. And yes, before this incident, the button sometimes when pressed, didnt bounce back but stuck there. DARN IT if my hard disk is a goner, cos I've got lots of my photos that are of me inside that hard disk! And I have no backup copy of it!!!
    Wah so helpful... got virus... I think the person might be accessing ur data now and going through it

Trying to retrieve all my stuff in the hard disk. If really cant retrieve, have to get a new hard disk.
    Jia liat .. even if you format the whole hard disk .. we are still able to retrieve data and images from the HDD ..
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Wah so helpful... got virus... I think the person might be accessing ur data now and going through it
    YAH! I am damn worried about that!!! I've got lots of private photos in my comp!
    Have you read IT???

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Jia liat .. even if you format the whole hard disk .. we are still able to retrieve data and images from the HDD ..
    Im not the one retrieving.. they are the ones leh....
    Have you read IT???

Im not the one retrieving.. they are the ones leh....
    Hahaha .. maybe they find nice photos of you and keep for private collection ..hehhehe
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT ONG
    Hahaha .. maybe they find nice photos of you and keep for private collection ..hehhehe
    Or may end up at some websites or VCDs. Good luck L.P.
    Last edited by billpepsi; 2nd February 2006 at 03:39 PM.

look like going to be "chop carrot head" .....
    People there will probably suggest to get a new PC.
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by jeffhiew
    Or may end up at some websites or VCDs. Good luck L.P.
    Thanks ar.. thats not comforting words.....

I just called my mum. She said that the hard disk is already at home. And my parents were watching whatever the guys were doing to the cpu yesterday. So I'm relieved that that no copying of my photos were done! *phew*

So I've got a new HDD already! Great... cos my prev HDD has so little space mannz! My mum was shocked that the parts in the CPU are not HP one. When we were buying a comp back then, I told her I wanted to assemble one myself. She refused, scared that the parts I may be getting is no good one or what. My mum goes for the branding.... Till she saw whats inside of the HP CPU yesterday,
    Last edited by lil_princess; 2nd February 2006 at 03:41 PM.
    Have you read IT???

welcome to the real world~~~

you shld have told her that...

hehehahaa...

So I've got a new HDD already! Great... cos my prev HDD has so little space mannz! My mum was shocked that the parts in the CPU are not HP one. When we were buying a comp back then, I told her I wanted to assemble one myself. She refused, scared that the parts I may be getting is no good one or what. My mum goes for the branding.... Till she saw whats inside of the HP CPU yesterday,
    /me open my HP PC casing

I saw a Lite-on DVD writer, a western digital hard disk, a Intel network card, an ATI graphic card and Samsung RAM!!

the only HP label that i can find is on the casing itself.

Actually this is pretty normal, HP get all these OEM parts to assemble this PC because they dont make all these parts themselves.

Since you have paid extra for the additonal after sales service, you should have make full use of it and
    brought the PC back to HP. U will get better support and free parts/labour if still under warranty.
    Last edited by Wai; 2nd February 2006 at 03:52 PM.
    We are HDD of PC & FT are MB add to storage;
    so PC never hangs with enormous storage capacity - LKY

I just called my mum. She said that the hard disk is already at home. And my parents were watching whatever the guys were doing to the cpu yesterday. So I'm relieved that that no copying of my photos were done! *phew*

How did they transfer your data to the new hard disk?
    除了爱, 我一无所有

Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    nope totally crashed. hard disk is at home. new hard disk contains nothing at all. ALL my photos that i kept in my hard disk are all GONE.....
    Have you read IT???

nope totally crashed. hard disk is at home. new hard disk contains nothing at all. ALL my photos that i kept in my hard disk are all GONE.....
    really that bad? plug into your pc & see if it pass thru the bios, if it does, there is still a chance thou...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ola
    last check... they still using wire... wire transfer...
    Logging Off. "You have 2,631 messages stored, of a total 400 allowed." don't PM me.

it can still be recovered ...
    AMPA * WPPI * J team

defintely can be recovered unless the hd is totally trashed.

Deregistered

Plug in a HDD, ghost, viola, all images copied

Deregistered

If and ONLY IF the images are VERY important... consult - www.cbltech.com, not cheap tho'

Quote Originally Posted by espn
    Plug in a HDD, ghost, viola, all images copied
    if hdd boot sector gone hor, u think ghost can help ar?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast