Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 52

Thread: Something Interesting In Singapore

  1. #21

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    he does something that make the entire nation talk about...

    and the punishment? ... well, it really has to depend on alot of factors....... yeah.. alot!

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    not sure if he's the first or only guy to ever lose his rifle, or the last...

    but he's sure dam suay to be the isolated case to be highlighted in the media, and ridiculed by ppl like me here in CS.. :-/

    sorry

  3. #23

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    WAHHH! Nowadays, lost rifle during NS can get media coverage as well?? Damn suey man this guy. Sure kena mark after this.

  4. #24

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by desmond-
    haha dunno ah. but go db like go jail, cannot go university liao.
    as a fellow nsman, i hope he get a light sentence...
    I hope he gets a heavy punishment.. How can u lose an M16 just like that?
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

  5. #25

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    I hope he gets a heavy punishment.. How can u lose an M16 just like that?
    I heard of crabs losing rifles in overseas too.
    Nothing happened to them.


    .

  6. #26

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by AReality
    I heard of crabs losing rifles in overseas too.
    Nothing happened to them.


    .
    So they only get punished when they lose a tonner?
    When I do right, no one remembers. When I do wrong, no one ever forgets.

  7. #27

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    It is not up to us to judge this person who lost his rifle.

  8. #28

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Stereobox
    sometimes the ghost cover eyes..

    he must have stepped on something he shouldn't have..
    i cant c... i cant c... whose playing afool with me... oei get ur hands off me... hello?! any1 there???

  9. #29

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    wat the hack? loss a m16 only as if loss a tank.....

    craps....

    that's explained why everyone is piss with Singapore because we hanged someone for having cocaine.
    Objection !!!

  10. #30
    Senior Member afbug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Planet SG™
    Posts
    483

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    wat the hack? loss a m16 only as if loss a tank.....

    craps....

    that's explained why everyone is piss with Singapore because we hanged someone for having cocaine.
    If you know how to use the M16, it is lethal, even without bullets. You can kill someone with just the M16 alone. Its an assult rifle (Not gun) and if you bring firearms into SG and get caught, you get hang too.

  11. #31
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    all in all, u lose ur M-16 as a soldier, u ought to be punished unless it is some special scenario.

    in this case, i find it super hard to believe that someone can lose his rifle. i heard from my fren's younger bro who got deployed to search of this rifle, that the maximum punishment is not 7yrs in D.B but a mere 49days vacation in the D.B!

    every nation has its laws, if u're in any country, u jolly well respect that country's laws. likewise in the army, there are rules and regulations. losing ur rifle is a big no no and taboo.

    y not u lose the M-16 and see how nervous a wreck u can be?
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  12. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Land of the woods........
    Posts
    1,360

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    wat the hack? loss a m16 only as if loss a tank.....

    craps....

    that's explained why everyone is piss with Singapore because we hanged someone for having cocaine.
    Losing your weapon should not be treated lightly.
    It is your weapon who will save your life during combat, not your buddy.

    And so what if everyone is pissed with Singapore for hanging that drug trafficker?
    He broke the law, he face the music. Period.

  13. #33
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by ninelives
    wat the hack? loss a m16 only as if loss a tank.....

    craps....

    that's explained why everyone is piss with Singapore because we hanged someone for having cocaine.
    *presses the "Negative answer" buzzer button*

    "DEHHHHH"


    no connection at all whatsover.

    please try again later.

  14. #34
    Senior Member Cheesecake's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    I live in a haunted house!!!!!
    Posts
    16,385

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by Ah_Seng
    Losing your weapon should not be treated lightly.
    It is your weapon who will save your life during combat, not your buddy.

    And so what if everyone is pissed with Singapore for hanging that drug trafficker?
    He broke the law, he face the music. Period.
    that's right! this is Singapore! a 'barbaric state' where we hang ppl!
    You'll Never Walk Alone! - i have the best job in the world!

  15. #35
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Sengkang
    Posts
    2,922

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    The good old 'tekan' days are over I guess. Welcome spoilt brat society. Sigh...

  16. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Cons digger.
    Posts
    3,924

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    So they only get punished when they lose a tonner?
    trust me this has happened in singapore before.

    during my time, you will lose your uni seat if you have >14days od db.

    and this is poor chap to lose his weapon is a "commander-to-be". military justice will be served regardless of officer, pc, ps, sc and men. and to think that bringing a 'prawn' to db is a simple task. think again. You guys probably haven't put the cuffs onto someone in long 4 and boots w/o lace. Commanded to fast march and charged. The amounts of paper work that have to be done..

    Contrary to what most believe, the higher up the ranks, the harder to "cover up"..

    rifles are lost 'often' but recovered as well but I've no idea why this time who kaypo go and leak the news to the press (hoping to win top story and some prize).

    to the kaypo who leaked the story: eh spare a thought for others lah! now that the press knows about it. He now will have abosolutely no chance for a lenient punishment. I hope you are happy that you've destroyed 1 man's life for you enjoyment.
    “How fortunate for leaders that men do not think.” - Adolf Hitler

  17. #37
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    Cocteau Twins
    Posts
    2,116

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by hazmee
    The good old 'tekan' days are over I guess. Welcome spoilt brat society. Sigh...
    i don't come from the 'good old days', but far back enough to be slighted perturbed by this observation.

    during one of my NS ICT, i was required to visit an active NSF unit to attend a training course.
    saw a platoon of BMT recruits marching and singing army songs...reminded me of my own BMT days...

    then it started to rain. not the heavy kind, but there was thunder in the distance. so i suppose according training safety regulations, the trainers have no choice but tell the recruits to literally walk UNDER THE SHELTERED WALKWAYS. as if that's not enough, what i heard next was beyond my comprehension..

    "Walk slowly! I don't want to see anybody fall down!" (ok, ya , right .. the walkways were wet too..safety regulations)


    i mean, what we went through, or the kind of torture the older generations went through shouldn't be unnecessarily imposed and burdened upon the new recruits, but.... this is too much

  18. #38

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by GDSNP
    I hope he gets a heavy punishment.. How can u lose an M16 just like that?

    in here, heavy penalty can get really heavy... if i m not wrong, this offence can get 7 years military jail term.. that is.. omg...

  19. #39

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by DT_
    in here, heavy penalty can get really heavy... if i m not wrong, this offence can get 7 years military jail term.. that is.. omg...
    Yah, I think it's 7 years DB when I was in active service.

    Years ago, I had a Captain pilot who smuggled a .448 pistol back from Korat, Thailand with 24 rounds slug. He got caught, but nothing serious happened to him. Let's hope its the same for this guy.

  20. #40
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    東京 Tokyo
    Posts
    10,193

    Default Re: Something Interesting In Singapore

    Quote Originally Posted by yanyewkay
    trust me this has happened in singapore before.

    during my time, you will lose your uni seat if you have >14days od db.

    and this is poor chap to lose his weapon is a "commander-to-be". military justice will be served regardless of officer, pc, ps, sc and men. and to think that bringing a 'prawn' to db is a simple task. think again. You guys probably haven't put the cuffs onto someone in long 4 and boots w/o lace. Commanded to fast march and charged. The amounts of paper work that have to be done..

    Contrary to what most believe, the higher up the ranks, the harder to "cover up"..

    rifles are lost 'often' but recovered as well but I've no idea why this time who kaypo go and leak the news to the press (hoping to win top story and some prize).

    to the kaypo who leaked the story: eh spare a thought for others lah! now that the press knows about it. He now will have abosolutely no chance for a lenient punishment. I hope you are happy that you've destroyed 1 man's life for you enjoyment.

    can't agree more

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •