Thread: What is "Actual Day" Wedding Photography?

Default What is "Actual Day" Wedding Photography?

I'm quite new with the terminology "Actual Day" photographer.
    Here in Singapore, how many hours constitute the usual "Actual Day" wedding for Chinese, Malay, and Indian?
    Care to share the flow of the ceremony? I heard, Chinese starts from 6am to 12 midnight, is it true?

Thanks.

Default Re: What is "Actual Day" Wedding Photography?

sometimes i wonder if "actual day" the appropriate term...?

would "customary wedding day" be more "correct"?
    i am camera stupid, i just take photos > website

Quote Originally Posted by metopak
    I heard, Chinese starts from 6am to 12 midnight, is it true?

Thanks.
    6am to 12midnight is normal. Teochew weddings may start even earlier

“Actual day” is referring to customary wedding day, only in Singapore, most young couple practice to have the wedding solemnization done before their customary wedding day, because of public hosing policy.

In the eye of Singapore's Law, they are husband and wife after the wedding solemnization, but in the eyes of their parents, only they have gone through the customary wedding ceremony that will consider as husband and wife, so this how the term came about, personally I would prefer to use the term “Customary Wedding Day” instead of “Actual day” or “Actual Day Wedding”.

Most Chinese Wedding Customary Ceremony only last a few hours, but will held the celebration dinner in the evening, so somebody say wedding last from 6am till 12pm which is only participially true.

oh... i see....
    so, how long is the usual "working hours" of the photographer in the "Actual Day" wedding? morning and evening?

thanks...

It depends, the day ceremony can range 4 hours to 6 hours, evening is about 4 hours, the standard market practice is photographer show up before 7am, stay later after 3pm for day event, and stay later than 11pm in the evening will apply surcharge, range $25 onwards, $50 is norm.

Some photographer does not apply surcharge, but will incur the cost into additional print. eg print additional 100 photos, So couple still will have to pay additional to ask photographer stays longer hours.

I heard some photographers here are charging 600 with 4R prints for the actual day wedding? wondering if 600(minus 4R prints) is worth your effort?
    Last edited by putiatitim; 1st February 2006 at 12:13 PM.

OT abit, actually i heard from some friends that couples who have had the solemnization can still renounce the marriage if they didn't go through the customary wedding ceremony, without filing for divorce. so customary wedding ceremony do have legal implications

Quote Originally Posted by putiatitim
    I heard some photographers here are charging 600 with 4R prints for the actual day wedding? wondering if 600(minus 4R prints) is worth your effort?
    That's is on the low end side, nothing fancy, no prior meeting, no post production, I know many fultimer charging minimum $800 for the same thing, some $1k over also no production, but $600 to many people doing it as moonlighting are consider good money, it is an additional income for them.